Options

Welcome to Tauck’s Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    I am leaving next Sat for the Yellstone & Grand Teton trip and have not heard anyone else on this site going.

Also for the welcome reception and leaving reception what is the dress code. I went to Italy last year and the dress for all dinners was relatively dressed up.

I am arriving early so any suggestions on what to do for fun and eating?

• Options
    Our family just got back from Yellowstone/ Grand Teton National Parks Tour (July2-July 12,2011). The trip was spectacular and is THE ONLY WAY to see your National Parks.Our Tour Director knew all the important highlights to see. Without the Tour Directors, one can miss a lot. The Parks are so large in size that one can spend days driving around and miss the important, memorable things. Tauck definately knows the best areas.

This tour is a bus tour. Tauck has very clean,comfortable buses. The bus does have a toilet but you probably won't need to use it because the bus stops many,many times at rest areas to use the restrooms. Our tour consisted of 27 people but have been told there can be higher numbers.Not too many more.
    Because it is a bus tour, you will get off and on the bus after each sightseeing area.Walking is involved. Tauck provides plenty of water.

Dress code is very casual.Shorts,khaki pants,t-shirts,polo shirts and good walking shoes. The meet and greet receptions were also very casual. Bring a light weight long sleeve shirt and pant to help w/ the cool nights in the mountains. Bring hats and suntan goo that is high altitude design. There is no place to do laundry so pack enough clothes to last entire trip.

This is not a fancy trip. This is a good old fashion easy going vacation.
    So, sit back and relax. Enjoy this trip. Tauck does a great job. You won't regret it.
This discussion has been closed.