Yellow Fever Va

I'm going on South Africa 10/23 out of Dulles which stops in Dakar and want to know if I need yellow fever vac. Can anyone help on this.

Comments

• Check with your doctor or the CDC but I have read that you do not need yellow fever shots for this trip.
    I am also going on this same tour...looking forward to meeting you.
  • Here is a web site, (MDTravelHealth.com) that lists vaccine requirements for every country. Here is the South African section: http://www.mdtravelhealth.com/destinations/africa/south_africa.php
    No you do not need Yellow Fever vaccine to enter South Africa unless your plane stops in a country where Yellow Fever is a problem. Those countries are listed on the website above.
  • My husband and I and another couple are also going on the Oct. 25 South Africa Elegant Adventure tour. We were told by a travel doctor that the Yellow Fever vaccination is not necessary. We do have the malaria pills for safari days and Victoria Falls days. I hope this helps you. We leave from JFK, NY through Joburg to Cape Town, a day early.
  • Hi,
    I am leaving from NY- JFK on Oct.23 at 11:15 AM. ( I think that is the date you are going)
    Are you flying on South African Air?
    I am a solo traveler and would love to possibly meet you and your friends at the airport if you are on that same flight.
    You can e mail me directly at barbarareback@aol.com to discuss.
    Thanks, I look forward to meeting you.
This discussion has been closed.