Elegant Adventure going on Sept 11th trip

Anyone going on this trip??? Also anyone already gone how about only necessary vaccines? Love to get some feed back. Our 1st African trip, & 1st Tauck trip. Naples

Comments

• Hi all, We are going on 'An Elegant Adventure" staring in Cape Town on Sep 13th. Is this the same tour your on??? As far as vaccinations are concerned you need to carry your Yellow Immunization Card with you. Yellow Fever vaccinations may be required depending upon which countries you stop in even if you are transiting a country and do not deplane. Suggest you go to the US State Department Web site and pull up South Africa Country Specific Information. This will provide you with the latest info on vaccinations. Hope that helps. Our 1st Trip as well.
  • We are going on the same tour and staying at Cape Grace Hotel for 2 days prior to the tour. First time with Tauck and Africa. Very excited!
  • Dave12. We are also arriving in Capetown 2 days early, it will give us a chance to overcome any jet lag and get to enjoy leisurely exploring the area. We are traveling from Boston where are you coming from?
  • We did this trip May 2012 and it was also our first Tauck trip. It was more than amazing, it was everything we hoped it would be and more. I am a travel agent and after experiencing one of Tauck's tours, I now know why my clients return and want to go on another one. In fact, my husband and I just booked today their Grand Australia/New Zealand trip for this coming December.. I also have two clients who will be joining you on this same Sept. 13th trip that you are booked on..They are both lovely and you will enjoy their company. As far as having to get the yellow fever vaccine, when we went, we were told that it was not necessary unless you crossed over into Zambia which we did not do that. It wasn't part of the itinerary. One person, however, did take a walk and crossed the bridge into Zambia from VIctoria Falls. He had gotten the vaccine, so he was allowed back in. Unless you have had the vaccine, don't go over the bridge. . If you do, you won't be able to come back over into Zimbawee and I don't think you will want to stay there. Best, however, to contact a travel clinic where the doctors should be up to date on the most recent shots you will need and they can double check that you don't need to get yellow fever vaccine.
  • We are coming from JFK by way of Toronto, mimi of six.
  • Hello Mimi and Dave, you will also have a couple of Southerners on the trip with you from North Carolina. This is our 5th trip with Tauck and have always been impressed. Look forward to meeting you.
  • edited August 2013
    We are arriving on the 14th from London...it will be fun to meet our new best friends from all over. We are from Texas and have good friends joining us on this trip too. This is our 7th Tauck and know it will be great! Has anyone found something special to do that we isn't already included on our tour? Looking forward to meeting you all...

We went ahead and got our Yellow Fever booster...just to be sure!
  • I am coming for this tour (Sept 13th) from California a day early. Went with Tauck on the Kenya/Tanzania trip last year at the same time of year, such a wonderful experience that I had to return to a different part of Africa with them this year! I'll be leaving a month from today -- can't wait!!
  • A friend and I are on the Sept. 13th Elegant Africa. We both live in New York and are arriving via Dubai on the 13th. My doctor did not give yellow fever vaccine (not needed per CDC website). We both got typhoid, hepatitis A, and tetanus shots as well as oral malaria medication. Looking forward to a wonderful trip and making new friends.
  • A friend and I are taking the September 13 Elegant Adventure. We are arriving on September 11 from Atlanta. We both got the Yellow Fever shot, just in case! This is my second Tauck tour and loved the one I was on to the Canadian Rockies in June. First time in Africa. Can't wait.
  • My wife and I are on this trip. We're struggling with what to bring since weight is such a consideration. I have decided to bring minimal clothing that is easily washed, but temperatures vary a lot so some warm clothing looks to be in order. We are arriving on September 12 from Phila via Atlanta.
  • There seem to be 2 trips elegant adventure So Frica. 1 meeting in Capetown onset 11 & another inSept 13 is that correct? We are meeting Sept 11
  • I believe the tour starts on Sept 12 at 6:30 pm. The guiding starts Sept 13 morning. The first evening is to meet fellow travellers and learn next day times etc.
  • Hi All,
    Looking forward to meeting all of you on the Elegant Adventure Tour beginning with the reception on the Friday eve Sep 13th (according to our Tauck guest documents). We live in Maryland and will be flying SA from Washington Dulles Airport on Sep 11th and arriving a day early.
    See you in Cape Town.
    Bob & Jeannie
  • Checked today with Tauck & indeed there are 2 trips!!! We are meeting the group inCapetown. Sept 11th. The other group meets inCapetown Sept 13th so we are not all on the same trip .
  • Sorry mimi. I got confused because we are going early...actually tomorrow morning! We are on the Sept 13 tour. We are on a nonstop flight to Johannesburg, flying 19 hours. Hope I sleep for most of it! Too excited I think.
This discussion has been closed.