Options

Little question

Hello everyone. I'm from Russia, so sorry for my English.
I have a question. *Would you buy accessories for mobile technology in the store, located in the hotel?* The prices are not too high.
Accessoires: USB-flash, SD-card, moblie charger, portable charger and other.
Thanks for your answers.

Comments

• Options
    I would not be concerned about the quality of these items in a hotel store, however I would be very concerned about their availability. Some items, like SD cards, may be nearly as available as AA batteries today, but others, such as chargers, may be so specific to a particular device that a hotel store would not find it profitable to stock them. A better bet may be an electronics store in the airport.
  • Options
    Hello Heavyfunk...I try to be as prepared as possible before I leave for every trip. I suppose it depends on where you are traveling but all of our recent trips have been to North, East and Southern Africa. The hotel shops in these areas are not well equipped. My personal opinion would be to do your shopping before you leave so you can relax and enjoy your trip.

Leo M
  • Options
    Hi Heavyfunk!

I would agree with Nick and Leo M. In my opinion, it's always better to bring the chargers for your electronics from home, as well as any accessories you might need, simply because you know how to get them when you're home. If you're dealing with trying to track down equipment in an unfamiliar place with a different currency and possibly with language issues...you might be able to get what you need, but you might not as well. Plus, it's simply more relaxing if you know you have what you need well before you leave (at least to me, anyway). You can pack your electronics in either your checked luggage or your carry-on — and if you're worried about the hassle of dealing with the wires at airport security, I've always found it's best to put all the little bits that could get lost into its own plastic bag, which you can then pull out and have go through the scanner all at once.

I hope this helps!

-Tim
This discussion has been closed.