Options

Romantic Germany

Anyone going on Sept. 3rd Romatic Germany tour? Or anyone that has been on this trip, can you give us some tips on what to pack, especially for dinner, do most men wear jackets to dinner? Appreciate any input.
Nancy

Comments

• Options
    very cold!! as to jacket, no. at this time i am currently sitting atop the black forest on this trip and spending a wonderful day in a bar! yes, two days have past and i am sitting in the hotel bar using the internet. i have a swimming pool at home, i am very fortunate to visit spas in my hometown, and i do not desire to spend 10,000.00 traveling on a bus all day after which time we are not allowed to browse the cities nor are we given tours in english. rather, we come back to a less than sub par hotel, where the decor is an eighties tribute. i hate that others might also waste their time and money coming on this terrible trip.
  • Options
    Wow, you're the first one I heard of that didn't lilke this trip! Do you like anything so far??
  • Options
    My husband and I took this tour In September 2010. Although our itinerary was slightly different because we attended the Passion Play we did not experience any of the "problems" that were mentioned. We had wonderful tour guides, great hotels, and time to explore the many different cities our own. In fact we really enjoyed our time in the beautiful Black Forest area and enjoyed doing a little hiking! Hope your tour experiences improve..
  • Options
    well our tour guide has been miserable and doesn't speak nor have knowledge of the sites. in fact, when we asked her about visiting a few places during our free time she told me to consult with the hotel. then i asked her about another site and she tried to make a mockery of me after which time i had to prove to her that the site did exist via a travel book. the hotels are ncie, but because you are on a tour we have noticed that we often get sub par rooms within the bigger hotels, as there are numerous blood stains all over our furniture in the hotel in munich. the food is great, however. nonetheless, the tour guide has made our trip a living hell and continues to mention how much she hates visitng places. moreover, she talks about other members of the tour to other guests. i would advise any future travelers to first consider doing this trip on their own.
  • Options
    Are you talking about your local tour guides (which I assume would change daily)or your Tauck director? If I had numerous (or any) blood stains on furniture in my room, I would request a different room immediately. I hope that as you are taking time from your vacation to post this on an open forum, you have also contacted Tauck directly to let them know the problems.
  • Options
    Have been on quite a few Tauck tours... this guide does not sound like any Tauck tour director I have ever been associated with. I did the Romantic Germany tour in 08 and had a wonderful trip...really enjoyed it. If the experiences related are truly as it is, I know the "powers that be" at Tauck headquarters would want to know immediately. They depend on "word of mouth" and what you are relating is certainly not conducive to business. As for myself, I only travel with Tauck!!
  • Options
    I don't think I was on the same tour as Coddus. Granted it was a ysar ago and the itinerary was different but we had good hotels, great guides and a really fine TD. We've been on 14 Tauck trips and this was a good one. Steven Fisher, our TD, was one of the most knowledeable we've ever had.
  • Options
    Dear Coddus,
    At first I was horrified by your posts, but then I realized you must work for Globbus Travel and trying to discredit Tauck!!
  • Options
    Sorry for posting again, but I keep forgetting to ask if you need to bring a hairdryer and a travel iron on the Romatic Germany tour??
  • Options
    Dear Coddus,
    At first I was horrified by your posts, but then I realized you must work for Globbus Travel and trying to discredit Tauck!!

wow! first of all what would you like to know in detail so that i can assure you that i am currently sitting in munich on the romantic germany tauck tour? perhaps you should email me directly at coddus@aol.com if you have further questions. i would be happy to detail every stipulation of the tauck tour, as well as my flight details, and all excursions we have taken thus far.

in addition to the blood stains throughout the room, my shower does not work, thereby requiring me to sit in the bathtub and position my head beneath the short faucet.

last night i was awakened for over two hours by the cleaning crew directly above me. so, i contacted the front desk to inquire about the commotion. the front desk said that there was "nothing they could do, as the manager had already left." the noise was so loud i walked up there to check it our for myself. upon which time i spotted six maids, a carpet cleaner, and an assistant manager in the room on their hands and knees scrubbing repulsive stains on the carpet. after laying awake for over two hours due to the commotion of various textile cleaning machines and movement in and out of the overhead room, i called our incompetent tour guide. after explaining the problem, she responded as follows, "well we'll see about in the morning, because i have to deal with my own room situation since i'm staying in a closet." i'm so glad i paid all of this money to be placed in a selected room for tours, which are less than below average, for at least i would have had a shower at a holiday inn!!!!! moreover, the lack of response and concern for the situation by the tour guide is overwhelming!!!

this morning i awoke to begin the guided tour of munich. upon arriving at the bus, i was greeted by the tour guide who said, "did you take care of your catastrophe?" (the previous quote is direct and exact, as i certainly could never forget her lack of hospitality). somehow i am responsible for solving the tour guide's own issues? i am the customer, the one paying for the trip, and i am responsible for solving my "catastrophe?!!!" is this a joke?!

thus, to all future tauck travelers beware of the lack of hospitality and concern for customer satisfaction that my tour guide could possibly present you with.
  • Options
    Again, I hope you have contacted Tauck directly to let them know about these serious difficulties. This just doesn't sound like a Tauck tour, a Tauck tour director or a 5 star hotel in a major urban area. How did the manager respond this morning when you contacted him yourself? I would expect maintenence to have someone in my room within the hour if my shower wasn't functioning at a 3 star hotel much less a 5 star. I do think you can give the tour director a bit of slack if you called her in the middle of the night, however, the next morning she should have contacted you and dealt with the hotel matter before breakfast. Of course, I would have insisted on a new room with the "numerous blood stains on furniture" when I first arrived. Or was the broken shower in the new room?
  • Options
    Having experienced many fantastic Tauck Tours, along with knowledgeable and caring Tauck Tour Directors (including very good English speaking local guides), delicious food, and great hotels, it is hard to believe what you are "saying" is believable. Just how many German beers and/or glasses of German wine have you consumed during your trip?!!
  • Options
    Gerry H,
    Do you remember if there irons and hairdryers in the rooms on the Romantic Germany trip. I want to cut down on packing due to the weight restrictions.
    Thenks,
    Nancy K.
  • Options
    TL19711 wrote:
    Having experienced many fantastic Tauck Tours, along with knowledgeable and caring Tauck Tour Directors (including very good English speaking local guides), delicious food, and great hotels, it is hard to believe what you are "saying" is believable. Just how many German beers and/or glasses of German wine have you consumed during your trip?!!

first of all, i do not drink, as i am not a barbarian.

after munich, we headed for rothenburg yesterday. it's a cute little Christmas town with great architecture, but again we were given a room without a functioning shower. hopefully, the hotel elephant, here in weimar will end up being much better, as we just arrived and have high hopes.....
  • Options
    Wow! Does having a drink make me a BARBARIAN!! Europe may not be a great place for you to visit.
  • Options
    Jerry H wrote:
    Wow! Does having a drink make me a BARBARIAN!! Europe may not be a great place for you to visit.

i don't visit continents in order to consume alcohol. rather, i travel in order to explore art and architecture. best of luck to your health!
  • Options
    Hi Coddus,

We'd like to sincerely apologize for your poor experiences; we take these matters most seriously. Please know that our Guest Relations team will be addressing this immediately. Our Guest Relations team may also be reached at guestrelations@tauck.com.
This discussion has been closed.