Options

Day Tours from Santiago to Valparaiso and back.

We are looking for info re. touring Valparaiso, Chile next week, p/u from and drop off at our Santiago hotel, the Grand Hyatt.

Any advice, suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Tom,

Have you considered using the Hyatt.com eConcierge facility? Or to put it another way, why not email the GH, Santiago, attention the Concierge, and ask your question. Bet my bottom dollar they can help. Hotel concierges really love helping Tauck guests.

And let us know the outcome, huh? Selfishly, this trip is on my radar, but I bet there are others out there who would be interested, too.

Cheers,

Jan

• Options

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, doing that was on my list so I'll follow your suggestion and do it today to see what the Concierge can come up with. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Jan,

I have followed through on the suggestion to contact the concierge at the Grand Hyatt Santiago. He responded to my email immediately. In fact we have been exchanging emails in English and Spanish. To cut to the chase: the immediate response is that the Grand Hyatt can arrange a tour from there to Valpariso and get us back in time for the beginning of our Tauck tour. We can set the time to leave for Valparaiso. Given the possibility, hopefully remote but maybe not this winter, of air travel problems, we'll wait until we arrive to follow through. Thanks for the suggestion. It was the simplest way to go. One more piece of info: the tour costs $300 but I have to hear back from him to know if that is for two people, which I would consider reasonable, or just one which I would consider a bit beyond reasonable. I know from my research that it can be done more cheaply. However, it's obviously easier to have the Hyatt arrange it and vouch for it.

Tom
  • Options
    Hi Tom,

Really glad that's working for you. Keep us posted. I would really like to get to Chile & Patagonia one of these days, so I appreciate your pioneer work!

CHeers,

Jan
  • Options
    When we did this tour with Tauck, we also arrived early. We arranged a tour to Valparaiso with a company called Santiago Adventures. They were wonderful. We had a delightful day with a private guide, and it was not that expensive. We were back in plenty of time to go to the Tauck welcome dinner.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file