Grand Alaska

Anyone out there starting the Grand Alaska tour on Tauck on June 7th out of Anchorage for the land tour first then the cruise ending in VanCouver. It would be fun to touch base with someone.

Comments

• Yes,i will be starting the Grand Alaska tour on June 7th out of Anchorage. Getting so excited!! What airport will you be departing from?
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Ingrid, We are getting excited as well. We leave Charlotte on June 6th for Anchorage. A day early to get a head start and just in case flights got delayed. This is our first trip to Alaska for my wife and I. How about you.
  • I will be traveling with my sister. We are celebrating her Big birthday. I better not say which one,she can tell you when you meet her. This is our first trip to Alaska and first time with Tauck. We will be leaving from Pittsburgh on the 6th,but do not arrive in Anchorage until midnight.
  • Sounds like a fun time for you both. Looking forward to celebrating with you and your sister. We leave Charlotte on june 6th at 7:30 am through Chicago and arrive Anchorage at 1.30pm so we'll have all the rest of the day friday and Saturday until our tour Starts at the Capt Cook Hotel at 6:30. Looking foreward to meeting you and the rest of our tour group. David & Delores
  • Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. See you soon!
  • My sister and I are going on the June7th Grand Alaska tour also. We are leaving Dallas, Texas on June 6th for Anchorage. We like to arrive a day early and relax before leaving on the tour. We are looking forward to this wonderful trip. We have traveled with Tauck several times and the tours have all been great. Looking forward to meeting all of our fellow travelers.
  • Hi Nkidwell, So glad to here from you. Met Ingrid the other day who is also traveling with her sister. This is our first trip to Alaska and first with Tauck. I have only heard good things about Tauck. We are also leaving on June 6th and arrive in Anchorage at 1:30. Gives us time to explore and check things out. Hopefully we can check in a little early. We should arrive at the Capt. Cook about 2:30+-. Everyone talks about the challenge of packing due to all the weather changes. We decided to buy new light weight luggage to help with the weight. We live 15 miles of Charlotte just over into South Carolina. I saw on the internet that our ship the Crown was dealing with norovirus. Hopefully by the time we board on the 14th things will have gotten cleaned up. Nice chatting. Any one else on this tour? David & Delores
  • Dear fellow travelers, I too hope the norovirus is cleaned up on the Princess Crown before we board it on the 14th. I have been to Alaska twice and it is so beautiful and I look forward to being there again. My sister has not been there and when we discussed trips she suggested Alaska and I was glad to say yes to that again. I received my Tauck travel booklet yesterday and got so excited reading about all the awesome things we will be doing. It is a little scary thinking about trying to pack for different types of weather. I was in Alaska in June and in August and it was quite cool both times. Look forward to meeting you and your wife.
  • Hi Again, Wondering what the Tauck Travel booklet is. I haven't received anything from Tauck about the Alaska trip. Maybe it goes to my travel agent first. I heard there is 44 in our group. Is that typical?
  • Hi dlong1070,

The booklet NKidwell referred to is your Personal Documents, which you will receive after you make your final payment on your reservation. If you've booked through an agent, generally it does go to your agent first, but your specific case might be different. If you have any questions about the booklet, try emailing us at info@tauck.com.

I hope this helps!
    -Tim
  • Hi dlong1070,

Sorry, I didn't notice your comments about the norovirus initially. The Crown Princess has been properly disinfected after they implemented sanitation procedures developed in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

I hope this helps!

-Tim
  • Hi dlong1070,

Sorry, I didn't notice your comments about the norovirus initially. The Crown Princess has been properly disinfected after they implemented sanitation procedures developed in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

I hope this helps!

-Tim
  • Thanks Tim for the reassurance. This is my first cruise with Princess but my 13th overall. I look forward to sailing with Princess and being organized by Tauck. Gettin close.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file