Options

Blue Danube River Cruise

Hi,

I'm interested in any feedback about the Blue Danube river cruise. Any tips or info would be appreciated. We will be leaving in September 2011.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Booked on the July BLue Danube and can report when I get back but have only heard great things; hope you enjoy!
  • Options
    Tauck is a wonderful company and they seemed to have everything worked out great. We finished up in Prague and were happy that we had built in extra nights to check out some things on our own. If you like beer, Czech beer is really good-Pilsner Urquel
    especially.

We tried to sample local foods (sometimes simple sausage places) at lunch even though
    going back to the ship was an option for lunch.

When we were in Austria (Linz) they offered a side trip up to Cesky Krumlov in the Czech Republic. It was very worthwhile. Beautiful setting and a good option for people who have already been to Salzburg or aren't too into classical music etc.

Boat was very well layed out, we went in Oct. so we sometimes had the whole top observation deck to ourselves. They also carry bikes, if you feel like taking a ride along the river with some of the free time.

I think you'll have a wonderful trip, we sure did.
This discussion has been closed.