Iceland - rough waters?

Did anyone take the Fire and Ice trip this summer in July? Can you please tell me how calm, or not the waters were, and if you liked the trip? Thanks :)

Comments

• I did not take this trip this July but in 2012. Except for one night, the waters were very calm. I am not sure if there was a storm the one night or it was just because we were crossing the Arctic Circle, but it was a little rough overnight. I was a little wobbly in the morning but was fine after a couple of hours. The ship has stabilizers to help it in rough waters.
    I loved this tour. The people were great and the culture is so different. I highly recommend it and would even consider doing it again.
  • We took the trip in July of 2013 and loved it. Let me respond to a few of the questions I've seen on the wall:

Seas were never really rough, just some rolling when you're at the northern end of the cruise. On the other hand, that's where the captain stopped the ship to let us linger in the middle of a pod of at least thirty orca. Awesome.

Dress at dinner? One-third jacket and tie, one-third jacket, one-third sport shirts in the main dining room. More casual at the buffet alternative. Made no difference to anyone.

Where dress does matter is ashore on the northern leg of the trip. Mid-thirties Fahrenheit, rainy and twenty knot winds. A good rain jacket and rain pants are essential!

Hope you enjoy the cruise as much as we did-
  • Is anyone going on this trip on the July 2014 sailing?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file