Options

Evening Dress

My husband and I will be departing Basel on Sept 12th trip. I am wondering how people dress for dinner on board the ship. I understand that the dress code is not formal but am hoping that evenings folks tend to dress a little less casual than daytime attire. I would appreciate hearing from someone who has taken the trip.

Comments

• Options
    For the most you dress as going to a nice restaurant. Women wear nice pants with tops. Whatever you are comfortable in you are on vacation. No nothing fancy but I would not do shorts or jeans.
  • Options
    My take is that for daytime site seeing, which often involves a lot of walking, sometimes over cobbled streets, you dress for comfort and practicality. For evening, it's time to freshen up, cajole the tootsies into nicer, less practical shoes before donning what Tauck call casually elegant attire in the Before You Go section on the web page for your trip. As Crackers says, wear what you'd wear to a nice restaurant at home. You will be dining in one of the very nicest environments in Europe so of course you wouldn't be wearing shorts or jeans, would you!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Thanks for the great info on evening dress aboard ship. That is the type of clothing that I was planning to take so I appreciate the comments. We are really looking forward to our upcoming trip in September.
  • Options
    No worries, Lilycat. Enjoy your trip!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Would love to hear from anyone that has taken this cruise in May 2014. How was weather? Thoughts on cruise in general? Considering this cruise for April 27th 2015. Thank you.
  • Options
    Would love to hear from anyone that has taken this cruise in May 2014. How was weather? Thoughts on cruise in general? Considering this cruise for April 27th 2015. Thank you.
    I took this cruise several years ago beginning of. May. Loved it. I went in a few days early and took city bus to where the tulip and spent the whole day there on my own timetable. You catch the bus in the center and have one transfer at the airport. I completely enjoyed the trip and highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. We thought it would be a break from the tours we usually take. No packing and unpacking and gorgeous scenery right at our doorstep.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file