Why did you choose this trip instead of Portrait of India?

Aside from the cost difference, the itinerary is the same, except Portrait includes a few more items at the end. Is 18 days too much time in India? Is the trip too arduous?

Comments

• We took the Portrait of India trip a couple of years ago. Some people on our tour were on the Spotlight trip. They went back to Delhi to fly home when we went on to Kochi. From talking with them, people who took the shorter trip usually did so because they could only spare two weeks to do a trip. Most people did the full Portrait trip.

Taking the shorter trip, you miss southern India (very different) and Mumbai (fascinating). If you can spare the time, it's really worth the extra days and money.

As far as being arduous, the most arduous part of the trip is the long plane ride from the U.S. Otherwise, Tauck takes very good care of you. The hotels on this trip are fabulous! The Oberoi hotels Agra, Jaipur and Udaipur are the most luxurious I stayed at anywhere in the world.
  • edited August 2014
    We chose the Spotlight tour for one reason: my husband was not anxious to go to India, so we both thought 12 days would be easier to handle in case he really was unhappy. In the end, he did it because India was one of places I most wanted to see.

It turned out he loved India and we both had a wonderful, fascinating time! All his doubts and fears disappeared once we started on this exotic and unique journey. Whichever one you chose, go for it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file