Delhi and Dubai

We are doing the spotlight on India tour in November and arrive a day early. What are the most interesting things to do in Delhi that are not included in our tour? Would it be worth it to go 2 days early?

Did anyone stop in Dubai and stay a day there before arriving in India? Emirates Airline flys to Dubai then Dubai to India and I thought it might be interesting to stop in Dubai for a day. Any insight?

On the day we depart- what time do you leave and arrive in Delhi and when do you leave Delhi for home? I'm a little confused on time schedules- I understand we lose a day going and gain it coming home. Home for us is Boston.

We are seasoned travelers and have been around the world and not afraid to explore. We like Tauck and India will be our 11th adventure with them.

Joanne

Comments

• we did this tour two years ago and arrived a day before the tour started. We needed it to adjust to their time since we arrived at 3:00 a.m. If you arrive earlier and want to tour, I would check out what you will be seeing on the Tauck tour and ask the Concierge to arrange for a guide to see what you wouldn't see or do with Tauck. The amount of people on the street will blow you away. they drive crazy and make four lanes out of two. The hotels are mostly Oberoi's and are over the top. It made our tour so much more enjoyable. The Italian restaurant in the hotel in Delhi is wonderful. The business men all eat there as they tire of Indian food.

Have a great time.

sheila
  • I agree about the Italian restaurant at the Delhi hotel......yummm.
    Traffic just has to be seen and heard. Everyone uses their car horn just to let others know they are there, but when you see all the dents in the cars you wonder if that ever works.
    As for Dubai, we travelled Emirates but did not stop over.
    Richard
  • What tour will you be on? We are on the Nov 4 group. We have been on 9 other Tauck tours. We will also be arriving a day early and are looking for things to see before the tour starts. Bruce.
  • Bruce we are on the Nov 4 trip and have taken 12 Tauck tours. We leave Oct 31 and spend a few days in Dubai before flying to India and have a day there before the tour starts. We will be planning an itinerary to see as much as possible. Thinking of getting a guide for the day to take us around. We love to travel and it sounds as if you do as well. 9 Tauck trips is quite a lot. Where are you from? We are from Boston.
    Are you taking rupees with you or buying them in India? I read some blogs that one can't take rupees into the country. I usually buy currency at home so I don't have to spend time purchasing or finding atms.
    Joanne

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file