Contacting Tauck from Australia

For those who need to know:

The Australian home page of the Tauck site, on the very first line, top right, says:
Call Tauck at 1300 732 300 or your travel agent

This is not the number for Tauck. It is answered by a Sydney travel agency. Many of us here have had "unfortunate" dealings with them before and I, for one, will not touch them with a barge pole. And will put a whole barge between them and my bucket of money! (That's an Aussie joke with some currency;))

If you want to call Tauck from Australia, use their free number: 1800 122 048, while being mindful of international time differences. Tauck's "answering machine" for this number (if you don't strike a human being) advises that this number is staffed 9-12, Monday to Friday mornings, particularly for Australian callers. Leave a message if the human isn't there.

Cheers,

Jan

Edit: Make that Tuesday to Friday, to approximately 11:30 am, aest. It might even work on our Saturday morning, given we are ahead of the game.

Comments

• I have also had "unfortunate" dealings with Tauck's Australian agent. Too many errors, wrong quotes, forgotten deadline dates etc. I could go on. Basically every single communication has contained errors, and my polite comments have made no difference. Our upcoming trip is the second time I have used them, but never again. Thank you for the information about calling Tauck direct.
  • I am so very glad to be of assistance!

Personally, I'm not surprised Aussies continue to have these issues. From a corporate point of view, I can't believe this is still happening. But never fear. If you deal with Tauck directly, you won't believe how much better the bottom line will be. Well, you will … when you check, precisely, the fx rate and take into account the "extra" fee the local agent charges. That will be for the service you don't get!

Cheers,

Jan

• Thank you Jan. We leave in a couple of weeks for our upcoming trip of China, but I will definitely take your advice for our next trip, and deal with Tauck direct. Never again will I use this dreadful Sydney company which has caused me so much stress.