Options

Waiting for 2012 dates

Tauck Tim:
I am still waiting for dates for the Grand Alaska tour. Any sign of that tour coming out on the website anytimne soon? I keep checking back, but to no avoil! Are they cancelling it for next year? The Call of thei Wild has been up for 2012 for a month now.

Comments

• Options
    I think experience with this new "forum" indicates that getting an answer within a reasonable time frame is best taken into our own hands by either: ringing Tauck direct on the free call reservation number or emailing direct to Mission Control with our queries. I've been checking the website almost daily for months to get 2012 dates. Dates are available for some geographical regions and travel styles, like cruising. Even some North American trips that could qualify for the northern hemisphere label of "Spring Breaks" have been listed.

This is not the place to get answers, really. If you check through past posts on the forum you will find there are many queries directed to the mythical moderator that languish for months and months, before being noticed, let alone being answered. The forums aren't monitored for queries in any useful way. If you have a "Tauck" question, best to go direct to the office. If it is a ... has anyone been here ... question, then I think it might be worthwhile posting here.

Sadly, I think it is up to us travellers to rebuild the kind of useful database that the boffins "archived" when they introduced this new, improved forum.

Good luck, troops. We're on our own in this. We are the cavalry!
  • Options
    Hey there folks,

Oceans4me — Yes, Grand Alaska is definitely taking place next year. The Grand Alaska page is coming soon!

jdurkin — If you have a pre-tour question (i.e. clothes, health and safety, amenities at a hotel, etc) you're welcome to post them here (and we do monitor the forums and try to respond), but the best way to get the most qualified and expedited response is to email info@tauck.com

I hope this helps!

-Tim
  • Options
    Tauck Tim wrote:
    Hey there folks,

jdurkin — If you have a pre-tour question (i.e. clothes, health and safety, amenities at a hotel, etc) you're welcome to post them here (and we do monitor the forums and try to respond), but the best way to get the most qualified and expedited response is to email info@tauck.com

I hope this helps!

-Tim

Yes, Tim. That's what I said. Glad you agree with me. If you have a Tauck question, don't ask it here. Go directly to Tauck at info@ or your Tauck reservation wizard. They know everything! If by chance they don't, they will get back to you very promptly.

And if it helps, oceans, my wizard told me this morning that they don't expect details to be available for a while yet.

[details] "... will not be finalised until
    November. Brochures will be available shortly thereafter, and
    itineraries will be posted online 4-6 weeks after the brochures are
    mailed.
    "

Hope this helps, oceans.
  • Options
    JDURKIN,

Thanks. You are correct. I did call my wonderful travel agent, who checked with Tauck also. They did confirm that they were going to do the trip in 2012, but no details were yet available! Since most other cruise lines already have their books and info out, I would have thought Tauck would, too. Oh, well! We are going to a presentation from another cruise line next week; things will fill up, and we need to choose and get a good cabin; even our agent said that! Tauck may be too slow for us this time! I agree with you, too, that deleting all the old posts on these forums was really a bad thing--I used to refer to them on each trip we were thinking of doing. Now there is nothing. Anyway, thanks for your advice!
This discussion has been closed.