Options

Good for my elderly mother?

I'm considering taking this tour in October with my 83 year old mother who has had a lifelong dream of seeing the Grand Canyon. She's in good health and has daily moderate activity. No walking cane or problems ambulating, but she is 83. Anyone octogenarians out there who've been on this tour before and can give me some advice? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Your mother should be fine. You can do as little or a lot of walking at the parks. How exciting for her to stay right in the park and walk out and see the Grand Canyon at sunrise. Every park is beautiful and just sitting and looking at the beauty around you is wonderful if you don't walk anywhere. This is a very casual trip and I am sure it will be a dream of a lifetime for her. Have fun.
  • Options
    I am 78 and my friend is 77. We are going in June. I will let you know when we get back but I have no negative feelings about going. I am about as active as your mom. My friend is slightly less active. If your mom only sits and looks it will be worth it. Imagine it took us this long to get to cross this item off our bucket list!
  • Options
    I am 78 and my friend is 77. We are going in June. I will let you know when we get back but I have no negative feelings about going. I am about as active as your mom. My friend is slightly less active. If your mom only sits and looks it will be worth it. Imagine it took us this long to get to cross this item off our bucket list!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file