Options

October 1 Grand Safari

We are going on the Oct 1 trip. Is anyone out there also going? Has anyone been and might have any thoughts or advice? Things we have been wondering about are --How was your trip? Weather? Anything you wish you had remembered to take, or learned about on the trip that would have been a good idea to have? Shorts vs long pants? Long vs short sleeves? Night-time temperatures? We understand bio breaks during the daytime safaris are au-natural. Any advice? Please add anything you think might be helpful. Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    We just returned from Kenya and Tanzania Safari. Weather has hot/warm during the day so zip off pants are very helpful and shorts were defiinitiely in order at times. Short sleeves under a longsleeve blouse was my attire so you could layer on and off! Rest breaks may be behind a tree or Jeep in a "crisis," but the Dir makes every effort to get the group to "washrooms" early and often. (bring tissues just in case!!!)
    We began to have rain every afternoon (3 days) at the end of our trip. They said it signaled a period of rains. Bring unbrella/rain jacket!
    I listed a few more tips under Kenya/Tanzania section if you wish to read them..
    We brought only US small, new bills..we spent more on trinkets ($350.)than I thought we would, but you can definitely set your own limit. we tipped drivers and Tour Guide. Other expenses can be charged. Be sure you notify your credit card company re: your travel plans.
    Have a wonderful time! I took 1700 pictures and love them...
  • Options
    We are leavingfor the Kenya/Tanzania tour beginning in Arusha on Sunday December 18th-December 31. We would like to invite anyone out there going on the same tour to email us and perhaps we can get to know one another before meeting in Arusha. I know we are ever so very excited and you must be also. It has always been a fantasy jouney for us and now it is real. Hope to hear from you.
This discussion has been closed.