Mt. Titlis

How come the MT. Titlis exclusive dinner and tour was removed from the 2015 tour? Any feedback from travelers or moderator would be appreciated. It seems that this would be something so spectacular that it shouldn't be missed.

Jay

Comments

• I second the question. When so many people on previous trips listed Mt. Titlis as the highlight of the tour, why has it been eliminated from the 2015 itinerary?
  • Hi folks,

We made the change to remove Mt. Titlis after a careful review of feedback from our tour directors and the guests who traveled on this itinerary -- while the experience atop Mt. Titlis is indeed supposed to be spectacular under the right conditions, less than 25% of groups actually experienced those conditions. Further, the travel time to and from Mt. Titlis was lengthy enough that it precluded any exploration of Lucerne, which was upsetting when the Mt. Titlis excursion wasn't what was hoped for.

Best,
    Tim
  • Tim, I just saw this lovely short film of the journey up to and down from Mt.Titlis by cable car. It does appear it takes awhile to do so and cloudy weather can definitely be a factor on that particular mountain. For anyone interested, here is the link (BTW, I am going on the Switzerland tour next month myself; very much looking forward to it. :-) ): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uozkv7hS7xM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file