Options

Tanzania Bridges July 10

Anyone going on this trip? I would love to hear from someone about dress, weather etc.

Comments

• Options
    Hello
    Have you already returned from the Bridges trip to Tanzania? We are going in December and would appreciate any advice, tips, etc.
    thanks
    Amy
  • Options
    Love to tell you about this trip... we went in the summer so weather will probably be different.. lots of little things we were not told or knew to ask.. lots of driving. dusty, most days only 4-5 hours of electricity, no hot air balloon, the massai have left the area so the games were lame. bring snacks.. food was iffy, the office staff have to my knowledge been there and were no assistance with questions. One man had a cpap to sleep and had called numerous times re electricity.. our guide was fantastic and hooked up something for him,
    the camps were ok.. cold at night, hot in the day. not enough interaction for the kids. but you could ask for that. ei sitting together at meals, story time at night... etc
    The drivers couldnt be beat.
    I sound negative and dont mean to be, the trip was all we wanted for the 9 of us. grandkids 10-14 years old. Exausting but a trip of a lifetime. Check on your shots.
    need more?
  • Options
    Thank you for the informative comments, connienast. My mother (74 years old) and I (45 years old) are considering this trip for next summer. The departure dates for the Grand Family Safari fit our schedule better than the Serengeti to Zanzibar tour. Do you think 2 adults would enjoy this tour? We have no problem traveling in a group with children, but I was a little concerned the activites might be too focused on the kids.

Why was there no hot air balloon ride? It is still listed in the itinerary. You mentioned lots of driving. Approximately how many hours per day were spent driving?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
This discussion has been closed.