Options

Landed

My husband & I just enjoyed the most magical vacation with Tauck Culturious in Florence, Cinque Terre & Tuscany last week. The word magical was used by me almost one hundred times to express how we both felt about this journey!! Everything from the moment we touched down at Florence to the minute we took off again to head back to the United States was absolute perfection!! We thoroughly enjoyed every minute and soaked up all of the culture, food & enjoyed our fellow travelers comopany thanks to our tour director, Terry!! I would strongly recommend this wonderful journey to anyone who is interested in really seeing, feeling & experiencing that region of Italy at its best!!
Caio

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Chris

Would you please name some of the highlights of the trip?

Thanks
  • Options
    We took the tour on its initial year (2010) and it would be difficult to name just one highlight. Certainly the tour director, Birgit, who lives in Florence, was a major factor in the trip's success. The experiences she crafted and participated in were amazing and the bonding done on the trip among its participants was incredible. You can see from the original post and mine, that superlatives are often used...and well deserved given the experience.
    The cooking part at the vineyard was fun as was eating what we had made. The studio visits in Florence were amazing and we learned so much about the craft of the restorers! The "insider" things we got to see that a large group tour could never do by virtue of their size really did immerse us in the culture in a way we didn't get before. As someone who had two prior Tauck trips to Tuscany, we thought this would be redundant given that we had been to Florence twice (The Lakes to Venice to Tuscany and Rome trip and the Tuscany and Umbria trip) but this was very different even when we were doing the same things. The Ufizzi tour (done twice before) was illuminated in an entirely new way when Birgit showed us the art through her eyes.
    I could go on but this is already long...this is a not to be missed trip!
  • Options
    Thank you for your comments.

I was concerned about redunacy.

This discussion has been closed.