Just returned

I've just finished the Spotlight on India tour and posted some observations on that forum, but wanted to do the same here, as I believe there's a departure in just a few days for the Spotlight tour.,

This will be in reference to some previous questions I've seen, or if I think someone would be interested. Let me know if you have any questions!

1. This tour was a perfect way to see India. You will have a culture shock, and it's nice to return to a great hotel to offset some things you will see. It was nice to have everything handled.m all you have to remember is what time to be packed and what time to be in the lobby. BE ON TIME! Also, it's not 100% required to go on all the tours (I actually bailed on one in the afternoon), but do try because there's a large variety of things to see and learn about.

2. The logistics of the tour work in your favor;e.g., seating on the coach rotates, the duffel bags, the train, etc. listen to your guide, but rest assured there's a rhyme and reason to it all.

3. Bathrooms: You will always have access to a western toilet on the tours Tauck pays for the toilets, so no need to worry about that either. Do carry Kleenex or a roll of toilet paper, because you'll be given some but only a little.

4. Clothing: no one wore a skirt for the day tours. I didn't find it necessary to wear long sleeves at all. It got hot so I find this would have been a nuisance. I agree with not wearing sleeveless tops or shorts or even a skirt above the knee. The mornings were cool, so I brought along a light sweater or light jacket, but you can always leave items locked on the bus later, as it heated up. There were two nights that were dressier than others: the welcome reception and the last night. I wore a black dress the first night, and I think only a couple other women wore dresses, if that. Most wore long pants and a nice top. No men wore ties either night. The last. Ight,mo wore pants and a dressier top.

5. Safety: NO issues! Tauck had a wonderful guide to greet me upon arrival and ride with me and the driver to the Oberoi. All the hotels have security not just at the gate, but also before entering the front doors. Out in the streets, I assume because you're with a group led by an Indian guide, no one harassed anyone at any time. The guides give you advice before you get off the coach. This silly nonsense of "don't make eye contact and don't smile" that I heard before I left was immediately put away after one day in India. People WILL stare, but it's only curiosity and interest, not sexual or hostile.

IF anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer!
Felicia

Comments

• Hello, Felicia.
    Thanks for the info. I'll be going next Oct. 2016... I know is a long year from now but I like to do my homework :)
    so of course I would like to ask you a few questions.
    In New Delhi on the 3rd day, Tauck mentions a tour around the Old Delhi and visits to the sacred temples.... do they visit the Mosque or the Lotus Temple? and did you felt like did not get enough free time? I would like to do some Yoga and cooking classes but not sure if I'll have enough time. I'll flight in a day prior to day 1 of the tour and last I wanna ask about the room selection @ The Oberoi Udaivilas do we get the private pool ones ?(I'm dreaming with this idea :)) )
    Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.
    My regards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file