Options

Snakes on Safari

My husband and I would love to take the Tauck South African Tour, but I am terrified of snakes. Could anyone who has been on this tour tell me if there were any Close Encounters of the Reptilian Kind on Safari. I would hate to die of fright in Africa!

Comments

• Options
    I took this trip this past May. I did not see any snakes anywhere on the trip. I really enjoyed the trip and highly recommend it.
  • Options
    Dear RCS,
    Thank you so much for your reassuring reply. We have traveled with Tauck to Italy, Australia and
    New Zealand and always found the trips to be excellent. Now hopefully, we can add another continent to our Tauck travels.
  • Options
    I have gone on Safari in South Africa but it was not with Tauck. We did go to one place that Tauck goes and they did not have any snakes in the camp. There were snakes on the trails but you are in a Jeep and now allowed to get out except for the sunset cocktails and the guides make sure they are stopping at a safe place.
  • Options
    Mary - at least you are able to type the word! I too am TERRIFIED of them. I had to have my mom call and ask about it. Thanks everyone for the answer. I'm going in April :-)
  • Options
    I have been on safari previously in Kruger National Park and never saw any snakes. I cannot vouch for the Zambezi, but I am certain that Tauck keeps you safe. In all likelihood your bush guide will keep you in the tour vehicle except at well-developed stopping points so you will not step on the brush.
This discussion has been closed.