Question for Dickhardy

I notice in the comments section under the South Africa tour itinerary you mention your safe was broken into on your recent trip. In what hotel/lodge did that occur? Did you have or hear of safety concerns in other hotels or in general? I am taking this tour as a single woman later this year and want to plan protection of my valuables as best I can. (I plan to take my IPAD and an expensive camera but assume taking expensive jewelry is not wise.) Thanks for any comments/suggestions.

Comments

• Tauck's facebook page also has the comment and it was at Tinga Private Game Lodge. (On facebook you may have to back a few pages to find it - about 2 weeks ago.) I am taking this trip in a few weeks. I am sure Tinga lodge has straightened this problem out, but best to have your passport, money, etc. on you at all times.
  • It was a Tinga and I have heard that they have since replaced all the safes. This is very sad since it's a lovely place and the people are terrific. Management and local police are investigating. All of that said, normally, I carry valuables in a pouch that attaches to my belt and fits inside my pants. I didn't do it here but obviously should have. I think electronics (I left my kindle out on the table) are safe but don't bring expensive jewelry and, as in all travels, don't bring what you can't afford to lose.
  • Dickhardy: Thanks much for your reply. Glad to hear this has been addressed.
This discussion has been closed.