23 April 2016 Culturious Tuscany & Cinque Terre

Is anyone on this tour reading these forums? I did a quick search and didn't see any active topics. We are booked for this trip and it will be our first with Tauck. We have heard good things about Tauck so we have high hopes, would love some feedback from anyone who has taken it recently. We picked this tour as it's supposed to be more active and smaller groups, hoping to get in a lot of activities and hikes while seeing some amazing parts of Italy. From what I have heard so far the dress is really causal, maybe just the farewell dinner where we need something a little nicer. When I called and asked they said bring comfortable outdoor walking\hiking clothes for every day so I don't plan to bring any dress clothes. Is that what everyone else is hearing?

Comments

• I went on a tour with Tauck to Scotland 2 years ago. It was my first tour after travelling to Europe many times - I just didn't feel like driving on the other side of the road again. Tauck people were wonderful. The trip was wonderful. They do many extra things - surprises - not in the book. Yes they are more expensive than most, but they make up for it with many extras. I got to know everyone on our tour - wonderful people and very few men even wore a sport coat and no ties, no one cared. THE DRESS TOPIC is ridiculous to me. We are on vacation - we pay a lot for our vacation. Go to most nice restaurants in America and people do not dress like we did 10 years ago. If you can afford this trip, you know how to dress. Please don't worry - enjoy your vacation. Your friend, Bruce
  • Bruce,

Thanks for the reply. I agree completely, we eat out a lot and I'm never concerned I'm underdressed. But reading the forums here everyone seems to say it's required to dress up each night for dinner. I'm on vacation, I don't want to wear 'work' clothes' on vacation. I will not show up to dinner in biking shorts and a tank top, but I also don't plan to wear a sport coat or dress slacks and dress shirt. I want to be comfortable and relax on vacation.

We also have traveled a lot in Europe and never had an issue with attire at dinner. It was only what I read here that gave me pause. We are really looking forward to this trip, first tour company for us as well, but have high hopes.

Hoping for good weather and safe travels...
  • Scspry: Have a great trip to Italy..We are going on same trip in October..Please post a review when you return..We are going a day earlier and staying 3 days after the trip..We've taken Tauck's Rome, Capri, Amalfi coast tour which was magical.Dress code: exactly as others have posted. Be comfortable!! Sailorguy
  • edited April 2016
    We doing this trip in May. This is our first Tauck tour but have been to Europe many times. We are wondering if anyone has suggestions of what to see on Tuesday and where to eat dinner.

Thank you,
    Don
  • DonLandry, We are going on the May 14th tour. When are you going? This is my first Tauck tour also although I know people who love Tauck
  • Our tour starts on the 23rd of April. Looks like there will be a bit of rain on our trip - hopefully it doesn't wash out the trails in Cinque Terre.
  • Jewell, See you on the 14th.
  • Hi All:

We did the Classic Italy tour about 10 years ago. Cinque Terre is fantastic. You take the train from La Spezia to the first village. I think it is Manerola. Then you can walk the high wall to the next village. If you are afraid of heights do not do that. Then you get to Vernazza. A very nice little village with grape vines all of the place. Right on the water. A great restaurant by the water to eat in. Very authentic Italian sea food. Get the house wine. I do not want to say more and corrupt your experience. You are going to love those villages.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file