Options

Anyone going on Feb. 4, 2012 Tanzania: Serengeti to Zanzibar Trip?

Just checking to see whose going on Feb. 4 Tanzania Trip. A group of 4 of us are going (2 from Vegas).

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    My husband and I are going. We're from PA. We're very excited.
  • Options
    We're going in a day early. Flying from Vegas to JFK to Amsterdam to Africa. It's a girls trip; leaving the guys at home. My husband is from Philadelphia. Looking forward to meeting you. Happy to see someone is ready the forum notes.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    rmr4golf wrote:
    We're going in a day early. Flying from Vegas to JFK to Amsterdam to Africa. It's a girls trip; leaving the guys at home. My husband is from Philadelphia. Looking forward to meeting you. Happy to see someone is ready the forum notes.
    WOW. I'm relieved. I was worried it would be mostly men going on this trip. We are also going early. We leave Newark airport to Amsterdam and then to Aruska, Africa. We'll try to find you on the Amsterdam flight. It shouldn't be too difficult looking for four women traveling together. We just learned there are only 10-12 people on this trip.
  • Options
    Also found out there are only 13 in our tour group. Nice size. Nancy, you will probably be able to recognize us because we'll be using the duffle bags Tauck sent us for our carry-ons. By-the-way my name is René.
  • Options
    Hi Rene,
    That's good to know. We were going to pack our duffle bags and take carry-on bags with wheels. I always like to have an extra bag in case I want to buy things. What are you packing? I'm taking long light weight pants, one skirt, tops that can be layered, a fleese jacket, another jacket for cool nights in the desert. hat, scarves, camera's, binoculars. I always pack too much but this time I'm really trying to control myself. I read that the country is mostly Muslim and women travelers should not wear any sleeveless tops or revealing clothing or shorts. It's 85 degrees there now.
  • Options
    Hi Nancy,
    I'm big on long cargo pants that zip off to make shorts. I have several pairs. I don't think shorts or sleeveless shirts are any problem especially since it's going to be hot and we're on the tour. I'm sure what you read was anything tight or low cut. I'm very casual, so I'm bringing tee-shirts and a couple collared sleeveless shirts. Also a skirt with a couple nicer tops for a change in the evening (nothing fancy). In fact my outfits are all in the tan color. I'll do the layering thing too in case it's cooler. Don't forget a swimsuit. I think there's some downtime. My girlfriend and I are also bringing an assortment of items from the medicine cabinet, just in case. I'm also big on bringing old items that can be worn and left. Hope that helps. René
  • Options
    Hi Rene,
    Thank you. That's a big help.
This discussion has been closed.