Places to visit in the evening after ship has docked?

I am excited to take this trip later in summer. Am reading up on the history and areas we are visiting. About 25 years ago, I went on a river cruise in Germany with a company no longer in business in Germany. When docked for the evening, at a few of the places, there were beer gardens/restaurants on land very close to where the ship docked. They were pleasant places to have an evening beverage and some even had local musicians playing. While I have taken many land tours with Tauck, this is my first river cruise with Tauck.

When docked for the night, are there restaurants/ pubs/ beer garden/ wine drinking / or other venues of interest nearby where the ship is docked as an alternative to sipping evening drinks on board ship? From photos, ship looks like a great place for an evening cocktail, but was just wondering. And I am now 25 yrs older and may not have energy to want to go out too far after a full day of touring around. Can anyone who has been on this trip comment on going out after dinner and whether there is anything worthwhile to do or not? Or is the ship already motoring to next stop?

Comments

• I returned 2 days ago from this sailing. There were a few evenings that the ship remained docked overnight and going ashore was possible. However, due to the extremely high water levels on the Seine as a result of the extraordinary rains they have been experiencing, almost every day the ship was diverted to a different, but nearby docking location. I would expect that by late summer the waters will have receded, so your experience will be somewhat different. It was a great trip, weather and national strikes aside. Enjoy.
  • Calaf:

Merci beaucoup for the info and taking time to answer.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file