Options

Clothing for Jungfraujoch

We will be on the July 17th departure. We have been to the Rockies many times in July. But I am concerned about what type of coats to bring for travel up to Gornegrat and Jungfraujoch. Will layering with sweaters and fleece be enough or do we need warmer coats. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    Layering is good. Turtleneck top and/ or Micro fleece top (LlBean )wth wind jacket and fleece head band worked great on our visit to these sights. I did wear jeans. It is a dry cold so not uncomfortable. Light weight gloves. Two years ago it was snowy at Matterhorn and Jungfrau. Headed back to see Jungfrau again on Rhine River cruise in June!!! Hope it is sunny this year for all.
  • Options
    twig wrote:
    Layering is good. Turtleneck top and/ or Micro fleece top (LlBean )wth wind jacket and fleece head band worked great on our visit to these sights. I did wear jeans. It is a dry cold so not uncomfortable. Light weight gloves. Two years ago it was snowy at Matterhorn and Jungfrau. Headed back to see Jungfrau again on Rhine River cruise in June!!! Hope it is sunny this year for all.

Thanks for the recommendations. We are departing July 8th for the July 10th trip.

Jay
  • Options
    What about footwear for the trip? Were good sneakers enough or do we take up space with hiking boots?
  • Options
    Sneakers are all you need for Matterhorn and Jungfrau.
  • Options
    Thanks. We are arriving a day early - any suggestions for things we should do. Or any other tips you might have for this trip. We are on a tour that starts late June.
  • Options
    Suggestions for Switzerland trip/ for free time
    We arrived a day ahead and had dinner on patio of Royal Plaza. Lovely path right there to walk around lake. We all swam in lake as it was hot day. It was Montreux Jazz Festival so we enjoyed the music. Took short walk into town and went into Fairmont Plaza hotel. Took a ferry ride around the lake( did not get off but picturesque towns
    for lunch( easy to get on and off)
    Interlaken has best chocolate shop called Schuh ( recommended by Swiss neighbor) also good coffees /food.
    Zermatt has great restaurant called Walliser( they take reservations)very near Mont Cervin hotel.
    Lugano - took ferry around lake to enjoy scenery, lovely swim area near hotel
    Lucerne- enjoyed the Rosengart Collection( Picasso,Klee,Monet,Cezanne)
    Enjoy this scenic trip!
  • Options
    looking forward to the june 29, 2016 departure. my 16th tauck tour - this time bringing my 2 daughters (mothers themselves) with me. staying 2 days at the end also. this is small group tour - anyone else on this one?? looking forward - it's our first time to switzerland.
  • Options
    We are also on June 29, 2016 departure. This will be our second Tauck tour, having done London and Paris land trip two years ago. We will be arriving in Amsterdam a day early. Hope to see you on the trip.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file