Options

Airfare upgrade to Italy?

Does anyone know what the cost of upgrade to Bs. class or 1st class to Italy is with Tauck? Thanks for any help! We're considering taking the Classic Italy tour in Sept or Oct. 2012

Comments

• Options
    Woild love to know what you find out. We are considering same tour April 2012.
  • Options
    If I find the answer about the upgrade, I'll post it! So far, no info yet!
  • Options
    I don't know the what the cost of the upgrade is. My husband and I are taking our first trip in May. My son, who travels the world for business, has told us to travel Business class, as it is well worth the cost on overseas flights.
  • Options
    Don't quite know what you mean by "upgrade." If you buy tickets through Tauck for tours through, I believe, mid-August, and buy them by the end of 2/2012, business class to Europe is about $3300. Economy about $1300. You cannot upgrade a Tauck flight from economy to business using miles. This info appears in the FAQ and was confirmed on the phone.

You can make your own flight arrangements, but be aware that you can only upgrade certain classes of tickets, so you might want to do this through a travel agent. Trying to decipher the airlines websites is crazy.

Finally, Alitalia offers a third class of tickets to Italy - not economy, but not quite business.

You also can call Tauck to ask your questions. They are extremely responsive on the phone. E.g., found out that the maximum size of the group on the Classic Italy tour is 40.
This discussion has been closed.