Options

Venice, Florence and Rome July 3, 2016

Looking forward to meeting everyone going on the Venice, Florence and Rome trip on July 3, 2016. This will be our first trip with Tauck. Since we will be arriving one day early, I was wondering what in Venice we should see that we will not be covering on the tour in the next days.

Comments

• Options
    Get out of tourist area across the bridges, that is the Venice I have fallen in love with. The St. Mary of Frair and San Rocco was great across from each other. The academia museum is worth a look. If you have time and would like a foodie tour Venice Bites was excellent. With only one day early and jet lag you probably don't have time, but I saw a really good classical music performance.

My tour ended Tuesday night and I stayed till Friday, so I had a lot of time.
  • Options
    We go Sept 11 to Venice, Rome, Italy. Just not sure if we need to bring a sports jacket for my husband

Tauck said it is optional, but yet it says some restaurants do require a jacket for men. Please advise your thoughts on this and when you come back any info is appreciated Thank you
  • Options
    We're going on the September 21 Classic Italy tour and my husband flatly refuses to take a jacket. I want to enjoy our trip and that won't happen if my husband isn't comfortable and happy. Based on that, if we aren't accepted at a restaurant because he isn't wearing one, we'll go somewhere else.
  • Options

Hi there, we are going on the July 3rd trip to Italy also! Look forward to meeting you, this will be our first trip to Italy and our first with Tauck. We too are arriving early. We are a couple from New York, where are you from? -see you in Venice~!
  • Options
    We are from San Jose and already doing some pre tour touring in the Como area. Will meet you in a few days.
  • Options
    mjfrost wrote:
    We go Sept 11 to Venice, Rome, Italy. Just not sure if we need to bring a sports jacket for my husband

Tauck said it is optional, but yet it says some restaurants do require a jacket for men. Please advise your thoughts on this and when you come back any info is appreciated Thank you

Hello - my husband and i will be on this trip as well... We are getting very excited as this will be our first time to italy. I do not believe my husband is bringing a jacket as well. I do not believe we need for any of the resturants on the tour or Tauck would have mentioned that... when dining on our own we plan to ask for resturants that do not require. We also want this to be a relaxing experience .....we are also leaving a day early. Cant wait to meet you

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file