March 2, 2017 Tour

Our first Tauck Adventure and looking forward to AUS/NZ.
Visited Gallipoli Anzac Cove last year during the 100th anniversary and toured the battlefields.
We're excited for this time in AUS/NZ.

Bob & Margie
Mill Creek, WA

Comments

• I am taking Tauck Tours in January/February. First the "Cruising Down Under" tour to see New Zealand and parts of Australia then the "Spotlight on Australia" tour to see more of that country. Sorry I won't meet you but I too am very excited to see this part of the world I have never visited before. I am doing research on how to spend my pre and post tour days and my free afternoons.
  • Hi Bob & Margie,
    I will be joining you on this exciting tour! I am going solo since my husband cannot take that much time off from work. I plan on leaving from Los Angeles after visiting my son and arriving several days earlier in Melbourne to tour the surrounding areas. Looking forward to meeting you both.
    Linda Simons
    West Hartford, CT
  • G'day Linda, :)

Good to hear from another Tauck traveler on this March 2, 2017 AUS/NZ Sm Grp Tour.
    Hope others with us on this tour will join this forum for questions and introductions prior to our welcome reception.
    We will be in Melbourne on Mar 1st. Flying out of LAX 2/27 on Quantas.
    Our longest flight 16 Hrs. and first on Airbus A380-800.
    We were a bit disappointed with the late schedule change due to their charter air schedule issues.
    We don't mind the route change (Queensland before Uluru) but really liked what we saw on the Silky Oaks Lodge in Mossman. :(
    Not displeased after seeing what the Thala Beach Nature Reserve had to offer for our three nights there.

https://www.thalabeach.com.au/

Look forward to discussions here and meeting you in Melbourne.

Stoked,

Bob & Margie
    Mill Creek, WA

[img][/img]
  • edited December 2016
    G'day to you!

Wishing you both a Happy Holiday Season. I was disappointed on our accommodation change as well but after looking over Thala Beach I'm sure we won't be. I hope as we get closer others will join our discussion group. Did you prebook any tours? I was going to call Tauck to discuss. I try to look on the Australian/New Zealand forum for any tips to help prepare me for this exciting journey!

Toodle-oo,
    Linda;)

• Hi all,
    I, along with my traveling companion, Judy, are looking forward to this trip beginning on March 2
    we are arriving in Melbourne on feb 25 to visit family and friends before the trip----Judy and I, along with our husbands, have traveled many times together over the last 50 years. Now, as widows, we continue to persue our love of travel and look forward to meeting you all on this exciting trip.
    Any tips on what to bring for this length of trip would be appreciated .
    We are going round trip from Orlando, FL, changing in LA and then direct to Melbourne on February 22.
    I am in Vero Beach and Judy is near Sarasota.
    Look forward to meeting you all !!!
    Julie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file