Am-Budapest aug 2016 cruise

Anyone out there traveling with us? Aug 13, 2016. Would like to know from previous travelers, how to dress for castle dinner?
Looking forward to traveling with Tauck once again. I pray for Europe and our safe travels.

Comments

• Are you on the July 30, MS Swiss Jewel with us?
  • no, Aug 13, 2016 Have a good trip
  • Hi! My husband Frank and I, along with our friends, Carol and Michael, are traveling on the July 30th MS Jewel, first river cruise for all of us. Ellie
  • edited June 2016
    Welcome to the MS Jewel July 30 out of Amsterdam! This is also our first river cruise.

Where are you all from?

Patty and I (John) are from upstate New York.
    How far upstate? About 4 1/2 hours away from the "Big Apple".
  • We're getting closer and closer. Just more than a month. Time sure flies when your having such fun!
  • July 30th Amsterdam to Budapest Cruise: Our friends, Carol and Michael are from Pismo Beach, CA on the coast in central CA. Frank and I (Ellie) are from Novato, CA, just north of San Francisco and north of the Golden Gate bridge. We will be flying into Amsterdam on July 27th in order to enjoy the sights of Amsterdam for a few days prior to our (first) river cruise. Already have tickets for the VanGogh Museum and the Anne Franck House for July 28th. We're poised to"hit the deck running!" Truth is, we'll probably crash and burn by that evening trying to catch up with the jet lag. Really looking forward to the cruise, and meeting new people!
  • Gosh. Patty and I were in your neck of the woods 2 years ago doing the Gold Coast with TAUCK. I had always wanted to drive the coast highway but knew I would not see too much while driving that famous road so we let the TAUCK bus driver do all the white knuckle driving and we saw everything. Quite a trip.
  • Anyone on the 8/6 departure southbound?
  • We went on this river boat cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam last year. You will have a ball. Best trip we ever took.
  • edited July 2016
    We are on the August 13th Budapest to Amsterdam cruise and arriving two days early. We are from Ohio/Florida and looking forward to our first river cruise and second Tauck trip. We just received our Tauck booklet and now the countdown begins! Looking forward to connecting with fellow travelers. Alice & Bill
  • Hi PJH1. We are on the Esprit for the Oct 8, 2016 cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest. We would love to meet some of our fellow travelers before the cruise! We will arrive on Oct 7 from Raleigh, NC and leave Budapest on Oct 24 to return home. Tauck saved us many $ on our airfares, and they arranged our pre- and post-cruise hotels. Wish we could extend a bit longer, but we aren't retired yet and have to get back. Although we've taken 6 ocean cruises, this is our first river cruise. Looking forward to it!
  • Hi Marvin and Taz - We are also on the Oct 8 departure from Amsterdam. We have been on a Tauck river cruise before and loved it in every way, and I'm sure we will feel the same about the Oct 8 cruise. We live on the beautiful coast of Maine and are (mostly) retired. We have been on 9 ocean cruises (mostly on Regent) and enjoyed all of them. We look forward to meeting you on Oct 8 on the MS Esprit. Safe travels, Pat and Colby
  • Pat and Colby,
    Thank you for reaching out. This will be our first River Cruise and looking forward to the trip. We've been on 6 Ocean cruises mostly on Celebrity. Retired, I wish, we have some more years to dedicate to the normal grind. We are leaving here (North Carolina) on the 6th to start relaxing early.
    Don and Pam
  • We went on this river boat cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam last year. You will have a ball. Best trip we ever took.
    A friend and I will be on the July Budapest to Amsterdam trip and want to know if it is cooler at night on the boat or what to expect as far as weather. Do you need a sweater or jacket in the evening on the river? Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file