Options

Italy in June

I'm taking my almost-ten-year old grandson on the Roma-Florence-Venice tour in June because he wants to be an artist and wants to see the art. We have a day on either end of the trip - one in Rome and one in Venice. I'm thinking Murano Island and glass blowing might be a good excursion for the extra day in Venice. Any ideas for that first day in Rome, or should we just stroll around get over jet lag, etc. before the tour officially starts?

Comments

• Options
    Well, if it's art he's interested in it has to be the Vatican Museum and the Sistine Chapel. You stroll through the museum on the way to and from the chapel, but you can shortcut to the chapel anytime he gets bored. I guarantee he won't be bored there! Be sure to dress appropriately. I think they frown on shorts and sleeveless shirts. If he has any steam left after that, maybe a cab to the Coloseum and Forum (they're adjacent). But of course all of the above may be included in your tour. Other good places are the Plazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain. These three are easy walking distance from each other.
This discussion has been closed.