Options

Singles Tours

I wish Tauck would put on their trip options, some trips that would be popular with single men and women. There are many single people who would like to travel on a tour that Tauck offers, but don't want to be the only one or one of the few singles on a group with all couples. Any idea how to notify Tauck that there would be a market for this. They only need to have a few offerings at specific places, and times. Or anyone single, male or female, looking to travel with Tauck, please contact me thru this site. Thanks. I am 58.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Lynne,

I have occasionally, over my 14 trip (so far!) history with Tauck, found myself on a "singles" tour. This has happened because the dates were the only ones that worked for me and my other travel commitments. Travelling from Australia, my dates have to be precise. I travel on my own, but my choice of a "singles" date is always mere happenstance. I can tell you that the label of "Singles Tour" does not apply as you might think. It is a singles tour only in that there is a reduced single supplement applied to the tour cost. It might also mean that the tour will be absolutely full. Behind the scenes, it might mean that those dates reflect the times the hotels release extra single rooms.

As for being the only one in a community of couples.... that is more problematic. Two ladies often travel together. Some are family/friends travelling together. So, not all couples are him/her matching sets! In the end, it can often boil down to a matter of social manners. Sounds strange, but there it is. As a single traveller you no doubt have various strategies in place to deal with times when the social dynamic isn't working in the way that you'd like. On the other hand, many is the time that I've dined with charming couples and groups. I am also more than comfortable dining solo. Depending on the Tour Director and the particular location, there might be a loose "roster" for dinner where you can choose the time and table. In any event, the TD's are there to make your trip as perfect as they can, so use their expertise!

I'm also here to tell you age is irrelevant, because these are't ... um ... singles tours, well, none of the ones I've been on! In my experience, and I keep coming back for them, the destination and the road there are the reasons to take a Tauck tour. It might be a nice bonus that the cost is slightly lower than the usual single rate, but most single travellers are used to, and resigned to, the extra costs we incur. But then, we get to have the bathroom all to ourselves, and that's worth real money to me!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Hi Lynn, I am a single around your age and have traveled alone on the Calif. Gold Coast and the Canyonlands tour. On both there were singles as well as women traveling together. I have never found it a problem. Everyone gets along great. On both tours there were widowers and some sisters as well as a couple of other single women. I felt very comfortable on both tours and would probably not go on an exclusive singles tour for it would be somewhat stressful I would think. That is just my opinion. In either case, Tauck is the best and I wouldn't travel with anyone else.
  • Options
    I've been on two Tauck tours as a single (I'm 77), and had a great time both times. In fact I'm about to go again on a small-ship cruise/tour. You will be together as a group a lot of the time, and when there's time on your own you will usually find others who have the same interests that you do. I don't think I ever ate alone on either tour. If your looking for a singles tour as a way to meet eligible men, I think a tour is an inefficient expenditure of both time and money. Go on the tour and save the mingling for when you get home. I think you'll enjoy it.
  • Options
    I agree with the comments above. I have traveled with Tauck several times as a single woman and have enjoyed each experience. On those occasions when I wanted a dinner companion or such there was always another single or a gracious couple to join. If I felt like eating or touring alone, that was ok. I liked the mix of singles and couples (partners and siblings, for example) and would NOT be interested in a "singles tour."
This discussion has been closed.