Dress at night

I am going on this trip mid June. Did previous travelers change clothes for dinner or just stay in the clothes from the day time?

Comments

• Depends what you wear during the day and the time of year, but you're just staying in park lodges and they are not fancy compared to none National Park tours with Tauck. This is a great tour.
  • DH627 This is the most casual Tauck trip I have been on and probably the best. Very casual. If it is a hot day you might want to change for dinner but in casual clothes. Even in Vegas at the farewell dinner it was very casual. A lot of women did have a sparkly shirt to go with capris but other than that no dresses or skirts on this trip. Most of the time you are outdoors except for the bus rides. This is a wonderful trip to see America the Beautiful. Enjoy!!
  • Ye, this is a very informal trip. Lots of time in the parks.
  • DH627 ...
    I am wondering if you on the trip leaving June 19th?
    Myself and grandson are on that trip ... so excited
    Hope to meet you

• We are going on this trip in September. Would shorts be acceptable for dinner (weather permitting) ?

Thanks,
    Susan
  • We have returned from our tour and so I'll answer my own question about dress at night in case anyone else is interested. It was a totally casual trip and shorts were appropriate in all venues. It was chilly in Bryce so jeans were needed. Fabulous trip in all respects. If anyone has questions, please ask. We loved it so much we booked another trip for next year !

Susan
  • I am concerned about the changes in temperatures in different areas on trip. Leaving mid October. Wondering how warm it will be and how cold it can get.
  • Lots of great temperature maps, histories, etc at weatherspark.com and that should help you make some decisions. My spouse and I have very different tolerances to heat and cold and is always good for a laugh or two. She is in layers and I am in shorts.
  • are you going on this trip or did you just get back?
    I am trying to think about all these different temps in one bag? IMPOSSIBLE
  • Ms D wrote:
    I am concerned about the changes in temperatures in different areas on trip. Leaving mid October. Wondering how warm it will be and how cold it can get.

thinking the same thing, have been checking temps, huge swing?
    How to pack?
    and one bag?
    JB
  • British wrote:
    Depends what you wear during the day and the time of year, but you're just staying in park lodges and they are not fancy compared to none National Park tours with Tauck. This is a great tour.
    THANKS
  • Ditto. I see some nights can be 18 degress at night and some place 93 in the day! I guess layers? I am thinking that at night most times we will not be outside and in the resorts?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file