wet feet

Happy Summer,
We're going on the Canyonland trip in late Sept and the forum discussions have been very informative; thanks to all of the contributors.
Not to be too detail oriented, but the question of footwear on the rafting trip is something being discussed among our group.
I usually wear hiking boots every day on a trip like this, including on the river trip, mainly to avoid taking another set of footwear. My boots are gore tex, and waterproof. Will I be able to get away with wearing them on the river?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• The "raft" is a motorized commercial grade craft which holds about 12 to 15 people. Members of our tour wore sneakers or hiking boots on the river ride. You should not have any issues wearing almost any type of footwear on the raft.
  • I was worried about this, too, but as Buzz48 said, you can pretty much wear any shoes you want on the raft and you'll be fine. My husband and I both wore topsiders that day, and many in our group had on tennis shoes.
  • Thanks for the information on footwear on the rafting trip - we were wondering about that. Another question about that trip - is a bathing suit necessary?

Thanks,
    Susan
  • A bathing suit is not necessary for any of the scheduled events.

You will have free time during the trip during which you are free to use the hotel pools if that is your pleasure.
  • Buzz48 wrote:
    A bathing suit is not necessary for any of the scheduled events.

You will have free time during the trip during which you are free to use the hotel pools if that is your pleasure.

Thanks Buzz48.

Susan
  • edited August 2017
    hikers2 wrote:
    Thanks for the information on footwear on the rafting trip - we were wondering about that. Another question about that trip - is a bathing suit necessary?

Thanks,
    Susan
    About half-way through the trip there is a stop to see the petroglyphs on the wall of the canyon (and use the solar toilets). At that point a few daring people jumped in the river (at the height of summer it is a toasty 47 degrees fahrenheit), and they might have had suits. Otherwise the only risk of getting wet is from the spray.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file