Options

Switzerland Crown Jewel- Amount and duration of walking?

I need some quick information on the amount and difficulty concerning walking on this tour. It is rated a three, but not fully understanding if walking is intermittent, lots of non-stop walking, or?

Please leave a description on the actual walking involved in this trip. Daily and as a whole.

Leaving on July 28th trip. Would appreciate any comments on this.

Comments

• Options
    I have breathing difficulties due to COPD. Unless you have some physical walking disability you should be OK. Your questions were open to a wide variety of interpretation as to what is difficult. There were no long walks on this trip which the individuals were required to keep up. Most of the organized walking was at a pace which allowed all to keep up, even the older members.

Depending on what your concerns are, the only days you might be impacted are the trips to the Matterhorn and to the Jungfrau. The high altitude could make walking more stressful, however, you are able to set your own pace at these locations. The group is free to wander on their own. At the Matterhorn the participants are allowed to return on the trains at their own pace, just be back for dinner!

Having breathing issues I was concerned about this trip, but there was no need. The walking demands were easily managed by several participants.
  • Options
    JDK - how did it go for you? Curious to hear if you had any issues...

Buzz48 - thank you for all of your replies to these forum questions - you've been very helpful!
  • Options
    :)

Have fun, this is a great trip!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file