Options

June 26th 2012 Italia Bella

We are booked on this trip - Mom and two teens - 16 and will be 14. Anyone else? Anyone who did it last year have advice as to what to bring/not bother packing?

Comments

• Options
    We are booked on the June 19 trip - grandmother and 15 year old grandson. I, too am wondering how much to pack. Judging from the hotels in which we will be staying I'm thinking each of us will need at least one set of "dressier" clothes than our usual jeans and shorts. Any advice from previous participants?
  • Options
    We went on this trip last June with a sixteen year old girl. It was a wonderful trip -- great experience. The weather was very warm. We packed lightweight clothes. We wore mostly capris and short leave T's during the day. Knees and shoulders need to be covered when entering the many churches. At night we chose to change into lightweight, casual dresses or skirts and tops -- nothing too fancy, very casual. My husband never dressed fancier than slacks and a collared polo shirt. Our fellow travellers dressed much the same. Some evenings, we arrived back at the hotel just in time for dinner and didn't have time to change. It never became an issue. Most important -- have comfortable walking shoes for during the day!
  • Options
    HPJ52299 wrote:
    We are a party of 6-3 grandparents, my husband and myself, and our 8 year old son. We are really looking forward to this trip. We did the Danube riverboat cruise last year and had the best time! Tauck really knows how to do a great tour! One question I have is--can kids wear shorts into churches and places where adults have to have knees and shoulders covered? Just want to make sure I pack the right things for him to wear. Thanks!
    Girls in particular are asked to cover their shoulders and thighs. They provide paper gowns, but these are very hot - especially in July. We ladies ties scarves around our purse or back pack handle and just tied them around our waist (sarong) or placed around our shoulders, and it worked beautifully.
This discussion has been closed.