La Scala

No productions available at La Scala while we are in Milan, but there is theater tour available. We are thinking about doing this on the afternoon of May 22, prior to the beginning of the Tauck Tour

Comments

• Don't miss this if you can do it. It's beautiful inside. I was fortunate to take it first during the day and then attend La Fanciulla del West opera that evening. The theatre literally sparkled that night! Happy travels!
  • We took a Viator tour, La Scala Theatre and Museum Tour, during some free time on our Bellissima Northern Italy tour last September. The La Scala tour started at 2:30 pm and lasted about an hour. It cost something around $33 per person. If you are really into opera and the costumes and the props you should like the tour. We had a 10-minute opportunity to view the inside of the opera house from a balcony box but only the house lights were on. They told us we should come back around 5 pm and maybe see the interior fully illuminated. I did. It wasn’t. It is an active theatre and work was being done setting up the stage so our timing was bad.

You can arrange to view the interior from the same balcony box for about $8 without any narrative or museum visit. This is what we should have done. We just wanted a look-see of the interior.

Whatever you decide, don’t miss it. There was not a performance on our free night.

Bonus Tip

If you are looking for quick snack near the theatre, try Luini Panzerotti. Look up their website. It is on Via Santa Radegonda. They serve, mostly carry-out, what I would call a calzone. It is very popular with the locals. Cash only. It is located about two blocks away from the park across the street from the theatre. You can grab a panzerotti and a soft drink, take it to the park, and watch the world go by.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file