Watch out in JOHANNESBURG AIRPORT WHEN CONNECTING TO CAPE TOWN

Be very watchful in the J'burg airport when switching planes. You will see men that look like shoe shine people when they really are people trying to grab your luggage so therefore you have to tip them in order to get your luggage back.
ALSO, people on our trip had a rain coat stolen out of their luggage as it was on top and easy to steal. Don't take anything that's worth anything to you, in your checked suitcase. Carry it with you or put it in your carryon.
WE DID THIS TRIP 2013. EXCELLENT AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!

African Video of our trip below link:

https://youtu.be/t2o--r0_TNg

https://youtu.be/t2o--r0_TNg

Comments

• Welcome to the Tauck Travel Forums.

You might want to delete one of your duplicate posts. The delete button (along with edit and quote) is in the upper right of your post window.

Also, there is no need to use ALL CAPS in the subject of a post. Some consider it shouting or just bad form, etc. and find it a little harder to read.
  • Well, I use caps in the heading of a new post because I do want it to stand out, for me personally I have always found it easier to read capitals. Rosewood, I didn’t interpret you as shouting. Rosewood took this tour five years ago, I have not read anything lately about baggage snatching, but we were pestered a little last last year when we went on our non Tauck tour and no one was there to pick us up, we had to find our own way to the bus they took us to the hotel. I get travel warnings from the British government website, I get warnings about South Africa fairly regular and hardly ever from anywhere else. It was mentioned this past week that the water shortage has eased a little.
  • We transferred in Jo'burg on our way from Atlanta to Cape Town last year. We were sufficiently warned and there were many guys lurking around and wanting to assist us as we left Customs and Immigration and walked to our departure gate. We had everything locked down and didn't give them a single glance. It can be intimidating to many travelers and a word of caution is definitely advised. They want to help with your bags, get you to your gate, see your tickets and passports, etc.