Options

portugal and spain trip anyone go to MOROCCO on free day???

We wil be in Marabella free day and were thinking about a day trip to Tangier"S????

Comments

• Options
    Anyone answer this please?????????????????????
  • Options
    Hi - we are scheduled for the 2019 Portugal / Spain trip with another couple. We have just started to fully review our trip. We were going to research the day trip to Morocco. Was your trip in 2018 or is it the upcoming one in 2019? My DIL said that it would be worth going - a nice photo op. Bonnie
  • Options
    I have nothing to add, but I would like to follow the discussion. We are going on the early May small group tour.
  • Options
    Our 2011 tour of Spain and Portugal was with GCT so its accommodations and food were not nearly as wonderful as Tauck offers. However, we were given the option of a day in Morocco and we took it. We left from Torremolinos accompanied by our Tour Director. Once we had crossed the Strait of Gibraltar we added a Moroccan guide for the day. We had a walking tour of Tangier with a visit to the Kasbah and the spice market. At an included lunch we dined on Moroccan food and were entertained by a belly dancer. After lunch we visited the bazaar as well as a visit to the obligatory carpet shop before returning to Torremolinos. GCT still offers this optional tour so I feel sure you can probably add it to your Tauck tour through Viator or a similar company. It was a wonderful experience, so by all means go for it if you can! The Rick Steves DVD of Spain and Portugal has a brief segment on Morocco if you want to explore it further. Most of his DVDs can be purchased for about $19.95 or you might be able to find it at your library.
  • Options
    Why would you want to do this? Enjoy the free day in Marbella; you'll be needing it. My husband and I went on this tour last October. It's quite hectic and fast paced. Morocco needs to be done separately, which I did with Gate1. And Marbella is not exactly close. Just saying....