Tauck Phone App

Just curious - and yes I know it's limitations and problems - but noticed something odd wrt my app. Shortly after our Budapest/Amsterdam cruise last summer the trip disappeared from the app. Even after we signed up for the Switzerland land tour for 2020, that trip has never appeared on my app. Tried several times to get it to download. Then a couple of days ago I tried again and instead the cruise came back as an "Active" tour. Very strange. Wondering why it came back and when our next tour might load. While not all that useful on tour, I find it handy if I just want to remind myself of dates, itinerary, etc.

Comments

• Try going to the left hand corner to my trips and elect to change the trip. I don’t want to try it our yet on my app as I will be still referencing my just finished tour there for a while. I’m sure that is what you do. The app is good for reference before the tour, but after that. It’s totally useless because so often the tour switched around. I can also have one trip on my iPad and another on my phone.

• Personally, I find the app useless. To get a future trip to show up, I've logged out and back in, and that usually works.

• Yep, tried the log out/ in, the My Trips pulldown, etc.multiple times. Just odd that in the last few days instead of nothing (which is what it's been) that this older completed trip is suddenly back as "Active". I just wanted it for a handy reference on the itinerary.

• I've found to get a new trip to load you have to uninstall and reinstall the app. Not sure if that is what you meant when you said log out / in. If not, then you might try totally uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it.

• I did some experimenting today- my app (on iPad) was showing our March 2020 Jordan & Egypt trip. Before that we have the Yellowstone trip in early Feb 2020 so I tried getting that to display.
    1. No other trips were listed in My Trips
    2. I logged out and back in again- now our completed 2019 Botswana trip was displayed???
    3. I deleted and re-installed the app, and logged in- Our Yellowstone, Jordan & Egypt, and completed 2019 Botswana trip were listed in My Trips but not our 2020 XMAS Markets trip. So I'm good for awhile, but it is strange.

I personally think the "My Trips" tab/link should always be visible on the home screen, not in the drop-down menu.

• Just for grins I just uninstalled and reinstalled. Still just getting last summer's completed.cruise. Can't get our 2020 trip to load.

• edited January 2020

The app is a disaster. If you want suggestions for things to do,Tauck has just pulled info from Fodors. So it’s easy to just looks it up on lime which is what I would do before the app. The daily info is often wrong, very wrong from what we end up doing. And on our China tour it listed us staying at the Waldorf Astoria New York instead of Shanghai. The tour Directors never utilize it either

• Claudia Sails, 5:44PM, Just for grins I just uninstalled and reinstalled. Still just getting last summer's completed.cruise. Can't get our 2020 trip to load.

When is your 2020 trip? Is it listed under "My Trips" in the drop-down menu (horizontal bars at the top-left of the app screen)?

• Alan, it's a Sep trip Switzerland Crown Jewels. And yes I've used the menu, My Trips, swipe down, etc. For months it's been nothing then the old Budapest/Amsterdam cruise from last summer popped back up. Weird.

Only reason I care is it's handy to have the basic itinerary, what meals are included, which hotel, etc when I'm doing other trip research. Like Day 3 is Zermatt, only breakfast is included and the afternoon/evening we're on our own so I'm reading up on other things to do there and restaurant options. My Tauck 2020/21 brochure doesn't have the itinerary for that trip listed that way. It's a bit sketchy. They website has the details but it's kind of a pain to navigate. The only other option I can find is their "Take the Details With You" where they email a pdf to you. Workable but in this case the app would be easier.

Yep, most of the info is just Fodors which isn't my favorite guides. The restaurants are never anyplace i want to eat, they don't give you useful sight seeing info like hours, ticket prices, etx. I find Rick Stevs, Eyewitness, and Google much more useful for research.

• They promised that TD and Tauck traveler favorites would be included in the things to see and places to eat! I think currently the configuration of the app is an answer to a question that wasn't asked. >:)

• Just another random possibility about the app. Sometimes it appears that trips don't load until some time after they are fully paid for. AlanS, not sure if you've fully paid for your 2020 XMAS Markets trip. If not, perhaps that is why it doesn't appear yet. Or perhaps behavior is simply random and unpredictable.

• I can get the app for a trip months before I have made the final payment.

• British, you are correct. I just got a new phone and had to reload the Tauck app. My just completed Israel and Jordan trip shows up and my signed up for, but not totally paid for Egypt Jewels of the Nile trip shows up, but not my fully paid for Iceland tour. So there doesn't appear to be a consistent pattern.

• Just talked to web support. They explained how trips get posted, in terms of order. They update them and post them in the order of the date of the first tour of each year for each respective tour. In my case, since Iceland tours don't start until Summer, whereas the Egypt tours start in February/March (even though mine isn't until October), they added the Egypt tour first. They said the Iceland tour would post in the next 1-2 months. Makes sense from Tauck's perspective, once he explained it. He also said they are working on an update that would provide a notice when the tours you've signed up for have been posted.

• These posts inspired me to play around with the app. I was able to get our April trip up on the app and delete our previous trip by going into my trips and entering the booking number. After loading, I was prompted to delete the old trip and the next one displayed after another prompt. I did not need to delete and reinstall the app.

• Lotusgirl, 10:33AM, These posts inspired me to play around with the app. I was able to get our April trip up on the app and delete our previous trip by going into my trips and entering the booking number. After loading, I was prompted to delete the old trip and the next one displayed after another prompt. I did not need to delete and reinstall the app.

Where in My Trips in the app is there a place to enter booking number? I don't see anything like that on my iPad. The My Trips page just has just a list of three trips (one has "Active" to the right) and if you swipe down all you get is "refreshing trips, please wait"

• Smiling Sam, just for fun, when we did Iceland in July 2018 Tauck sent us the green book for 2017, The tour was completely overhauled for 2018 so it was useless and they had to send everyone a sheaf of paperwork like in the old days before the green book

• Alan - it just popped up and asked me for the booking number.

• British, I hope they've improved their Iceland process relative to the green book. I don't expect to see it for another couple of months.

I'm in the same boat as AlanS with respect to deleting old trips, couldn't find any way to enter a booking number or get any option to delete the trip. I tried it from my iPhone.

• Smiling Sam, thanx for your research. Since the first Switzerland trip isn't til Jun i have a ways to wait.

TD and Traveler favorites (as in us ordinary folks) might be useful. Fodors and Tauck seem to believe everyone wants the most expensive gourmet restaurant in town. We're always so stuffed from the included meals we opt for something simple. Lol looked at the McDonald's menu for Zermatt - they have a McRaclette Rosti burger. Gotta admit I'm intrigued.

• After I successfully updated the app on my IPhone, my husband tried the same with his. He was only able do do so by logging out and then logging in again.