All about the game drives

2»

Comments

• When I first booked this trip, you only had to personally certify that you were in good health. Now your doctor must certify that you are in good health at least ninety days before the Antarctica trip, or they will assume that you want to cancel.

• Yes, hope springs eternal:

"Egypt’s airports will reopen to international flights on July 1 after they were shut down in March to stem the spread of the coronavirus, the civil aviation minister said late Sunday."

"Mohamed Manar Anba said tourism would be restricted to coastal provinces that have had very low rates of coronavirus infections, including southern Sinai and the resort city of Sharm al-Sheikh, as well as the resort of Hurghada on Egypt’s Red Sea coast. The northwest Mediterranean coast will also be open for tourists.

Are the banks of the Nile considered coastal? :D

That decision to open the airports to international flights seems to be a non-sequitur to this:

Despite the moves to open the economy, Egypt appears to be in a particularly severe phase of its outbreak, with a steady increase in the daily toll of cases since the end of the fasting month of Ramadan in late May.

More than half of the country’s 44,598 cases were found since the beginning of the month, and in the past three days, record numbers of cases exceeding 1,600 daily have been recorded."

I guess I should move this to the J&E forum?