Options

Italy-Sept 2nd

Going on Rome, Umbria, Florence tour Sept. 2nd.. My first visit to Italy, a bit nervous but excited . Will be arriving 2 days prior and leaving 3 days after tour ends. Would like some info/insight/suggestions from anyone who has been before. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

AJ

Comments

• Options
    Hi AJ,

We did this trip last summer & it was fantastic!!!! Tauck is so great at handling every aspect of your tour so you just get to relax and enjoy yourself. If you head over to the Italy forum w/ the subforum for the Rome, Umbria trip you'll probably find some answers to your questions. Since you are coming in early you might want to ask the concierge at the hotel for recommendations for dinner. We came in a day early last year & the concierge made reservations for us at a fabulous "local" restaurant, Hosteria de Roma (or something like that), it was one of the best meals of the trip! We didn't go but several people on our tour went to the Borghese Gardens in their off time & said it was really nice. Above all, don't be nervous-just have fun!!
  • Options
    We went on this tour in October, 2007 and thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it. I would like to warn you that it very warm then, so I suspect it will be so in September. Do not miss the Borghese Gardens and museum in Rome. It was one of my favorite places.
This discussion has been closed.