Options

An Elegant Adventure South Africa

Is anyone booked on the South Africa trip starting in Cape Town on April 12th, 2013? Would like to connect with anyone who might be taking this tour.

Thanks,
Sharon

Comments

• Options
    My wife and I have booked it. We are looking forward to it very much.
    Thanks,
    Les
  • Options
    Hey Les, where are you from? I am in Houston, Tx and trying to figure flights for my mother and me. It seems to take an act of God to get anywhere to there and very, very expensive.

Sharon
  • Options
    My husband and I are also booked on the April 12th tour. I feel your pain regarding the flights. We are flying from LAX to London and London to Capetown. Two overnight flights. We are going to have two nights in Capetown to recoup before the tour. We are so excited about this trip of a lifetime. We can be reached at terrymcanally@cox.net.
  • Options
    My mom and I are taking this tour and we get to Cape Town on the 11th. What an act of God to get this done. We booked flights separate from Tauck. Basically, if you fly Tauck's plan you go from Houston to Atlanta, Atlanta to Frankfort, Frankfort to Cape Town. Yikes!

We are flying United (Luftshansa) sp from Houston to Frankfort on the 9th, 10hr layover, then to Johannesburg. Then a separate flight to Cape Town. We are taking Business First, so at least during the layover the club in there are day beds and showers. I hope I read that correctly.

I know I will get more excited about this as it gets closer, but these flights are the main drawback.

Look forward to meeting you guys,
    Sharon
  • Options
    My husband and I just booked the 4/12/13 trip. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
    We will be booking airfare independently out of JFK or Newark departing the evening of 4/10. Will let you all know later this week.

Cathy
  • Options
    Sorry it took me so long to respond. I don't go on this site that often.
    We live outside of Cleveland. We are flying to New York the night of the 9th. On the morning of the 10th, we fly JFK to JNB and on to Cape Town. We arrive in early afternoon on the 11th. About the only way to get there (on United or South African Air) is JFK or IAD to JNB, then on to CPT.... or thru one of several stops in Europe to CPT. We also did it independently. We were able to book our return flight right out of Victoria Falls (thru JNB) so we can check all our luggage in, without the hassle of transferring and going thru security and luggage check-in at JNB again. You can reach us at fineadver1@gmail.com.
    We are looking forward to meeting you all.
    Should be quite a trip!
    Les
This discussion has been closed.