Options

Welcome to Tauck’s A Week In... Capri, the Amalfi Coast & Rome Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s A Week In... Capri, the Amalfi Coast & Rome Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    The window says there are 121 posts. However, I can only find the one "Welcome" post from Tauck. How do I find the other 120 posts?
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Hi Phil & Sally,

First off, sorry for any confusion you might be experiencing here. The 121 posts you see (now 129) refers to the total amount of postings that a particular person has here on the Tauck Travel Forum. This includes postings on other threads such as China, Ireland, California, etc. You'll notice this number of postings underneath each person's profile name. (You'll can notice to the left that I have made 25 postings within the entire forum (not just this particular thread.)

Hope this clarifies things and have a great day!

Aaron

• Options
    My wife and I are doing the Capri, Amalfi Coast, & Rome tour that begins September 24. This is our first Tauck tour. It would be great to find out who we will be traveling with. Is there a way to do this prior to the meet and greet in Rome?
  • Options
    We had a fantastico time on this Tauck tour. We met a great group of people who helped make this tour even more memorable. Just to let you know...we did get a list of the other tour members at the welcome reception. Also shows where everyone is from. Again, this trip was awesome!!!
  • Options
    Dave,

We are scheduled for the Oct 20, 2012 tour. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

When you were in Capri, did the tour take you to the Blue Grotto? It isn't mentioned in the brochure, so we are wondering if it is included. If not, do you know if there is time to go on our own?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Sue
  • Options
    Hi fellow travelers,

We are scheduled on the small group to Rome, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast for the April 28th, 2012 tour. We are hoping to get together with some of the folks and exchange any information about this tour. It's our first tour with Taulk. We have only heard wonderful things about Tauck.

Does anyone know anything about the hotels we are staying in? Location, views etc.

Looking for any travel tips, what to pack or not to pack,restaurants, Pizza place in Naples etc... Thanks.

Sincerely,

Jim and Ang Montague
    Charlotte NC
  • Options
    Jim and Ang

My daughter and I took this trip in June of 2009 and it was amazing! It was so great that my husband and I are
    planning on taking the same trip in the next few years -- we have just booked A Week in Venice, Florence and
    Rome (our 3rd with Tauck). The current hotel for your trip in Rome is different than the hotel I stayed in (The Majestic) on the Via Veneto. Le Agavi in Positano had beautiful views. Our view in Capri was a courtyard view, however, the date of our trip was added last minute because of many interested travellers so you may have a better view. It really doesn't matter - Capri was beautiful and you really are very busy and dont spend much time in the room - however, the hotel had great
    mattresses. My daughter and I packed sundresses and skirts. We were fortunate to have fantastic weather and the only
    issue with clothing that we had was in Rome at the end of the trip. It had become very hot and we needed to
    change alot during the day but were able to wash some cotton things at our hotel. You probably wont have that
    problem if traveling in April. Think layers. Keep an eye out for Denzel Washington in Positano - he has a house there
    and we sat next to him and his family at Chez Black, and then ran into him again in Capri. Our tour director
    was Andrea and he was amazing! The local guides were so great and entertaining. I know you'll have the
    most incredible time - Enjoy!

Suzanne
  • Options
    Suzanne

We are taking this tour on October 20. A visit to the Blue Grotto isn't mentioned in the Capri itinerary. Did the tour include a visit or was there time to visit on your own?

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Sue
  • Options

Hi Sue

On our trip, the Blue Grotto experience was not included. There was a "free" afternoon and a few travellers
    decided that they wanted to arrange a Blue Grotto trip, but the weather was not cooperative. It seems the
    weather can change rather quickly and even if you have a boat reservation, it could be cancelled due
    to bad seas. The same group of people then arranged for a larger boat to tour around the island. Some
    people went shopping (great shopping) and some chose to lounge by the pool area and have lunch. Because this
    trip was a graduation gift for my daughter, she decided on the pool and we had a great lunch - very relaxing. You could
    speak with your tour director or the hotel concierge on how to make arrangements for any excursions.

There is also time in AnaCapri after the San Michele tour to have lunch and see the town. This is a great
    place to have custom sandals made while you wait. Not as expensive as you might think and excellent quality.

As with any trip, there never seems to be enough time -- you'll just have to plan on going back. I'd be happy
    to answer any questions.

Suzanne
  • Options
    I will be going on this trip in June 16th & would like to share with someone that is also going. Really look forward to it. I will be travelling alone so it would be great to meet someone ahead of the trip.
  • Options
    We are going on the April 14 trip to Rome, Amalfi and Capri. We are really looking forward to the trip. Would love to correspond with others planning on going as well. We will be arriving in Rome on April 12.
    Glenn
  • Options
    Glenn Camp wrote:
    We are going on the April 14 trip to Rome, Amalfi and Capri. We are really looking forward to the trip. Would love to correspond with others planning on going as well. We will be arriving in Rome on April 12.
    Glenn
    My husband and I are going on the same tour, and arriving the April 11th. We have lived in Greensboro NC for about 30 years. I am from NJ and Tom is from MD. We are both retired and looking forward to the trip also. It wil be our first Tauck Tour. Would love to learn more about you and others joining. Janet Nash
  • Options
    Janet3611 wrote:
    My husband and I are going on the same tour, and arriving the April 11th. We have lived in Greensboro NC for about 30 years. I am from NJ and Tom is from MD. We are both retired and looking forward to the trip also. It wil be our first Tauck Tour. Would love to learn more about you and others joining. Janet Nash

My wife and I are also going on this tour (to celebrate our 20th anniversary). We live in Medina, OH (near Cleveland and Akron), but I grow up in Philadelphia and my wife grew up in Long Island, NY. We'll actually be flying into Florence and taking a train to Rome on the 14th, since we are planning on spending a couple days in Florence after the tour finishes in Rome. We're really looking forward to the trip.
  • Options
    Janet & BMemberg,
    Great to hear you are also going to be there. We fly out of Charlotte, NC on the 11th, have a couple of days in Rome before the trip to see some friends there, and go to Florence for a week after the trip. We live in Southern Pines, NC. We moved here from Philadelphia (Media, PA) a couple of years ago. This is a belated birthday trip for my wife as last year I had knee surgery and had to cancel our scheduled trip to Rome and Florence then. I am looking forward to the sites, great food, and congenial people.
    Glenn

• Options
    Hello Glenn and couple from Ohio, the time is drawing near for our trip. We also are leaving April 11, Greensboro/Philly/FCO. We're staying near the pantheon, then joining the group on Saturday. As I said, we live in Greensboro, so we're practically neighbors with you in Pinehurst. I'm thinking you or you wife play golf. I do not play but my husband Tom is an avid golfer. It sounds like you two may have common ailments with knees. This trip is also a birthday present for me, so we have something else in common. Can't wait to meet everyone. Safe travels and fun wished for all. If any of the wives would like to discuss clothes for the trip, ask them to email me at janetnash47@gmail.com
    Janet Nash
  • Options
    Has anyone ridden the high speed train we are scheduled to ride at the end of the trip from Naples back to Rome?

Robert Morton
    Atlanta
  • Options
    Janet and/or Glenn,

I assume you have returned from your trip and would love a full report. We are going on the Oct 20 trip.

Question: On the day you take the train back to Rome, it appears you arrive for lunch. Was ther anything after that or was it a free afternoon?

Thanks,
    Sue
  • Options
    Sue wrote:
    Dave,

We are scheduled for the Oct 20, 2012 tour. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

When you were in Capri, did the tour take you to the Blue Grotto? It isn't mentioned in the brochure, so we are wondering if it is included. If not, do you know if there is time to go on our own?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Sue
    When you get to the hotel,tell them you are interested in seeing the blue grotto. They will help you set it up. I took this tour last year with my daughter and we did this. Great tour! We liked it so much that we are doing the Bavaria, Austria, Venice tour and then going on this one again. Tours back to back.
  • Options
    Robt wrote:
    Has anyone ridden the high speed train we are scheduled to ride at the end of the trip from Naples back to Rome?

Robert Morton
    Atlanta
    The train ride is great. Drinks are served and you have a very relaxing ride. Everything is taken care of for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Who is going on the Sept.8,2012 Capri trip?
    Cathy
  • Options
    Suzanne,

Do you remember whether you had a free afternoon after arriving by train from Naples. It looks like lunch is included in Rome but I'm wondering if anything is included after that. Also, doid you get to see any of Naples before catching the train?

You must have really loved it if you are going again! When are you going back on this tour?

Sue
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Who is going on the Rome, Amalfi Coast and Capri tour leaving on September 29, 2012?

I live in PA and my cousin and her husband live in New Orleans; we will be taking the September 29 trip to Rome, The Amalfi Coast and Capri. Have posted before asking for others taking this tour but no response.

Natalie Cali
  • Options
    Please visit for famous travel location and videos for your guidance Your Travel Videos LLC launched in June, 2012 and is located in Austin, Texas. The company is founded by Alan Barber who has run a successful business in the Austin area for the last 10 years. His team includes various entrepreneurs with different skill sets.

yourtravelvideos

• Options
    We are going on the Sept. 8th tour. Thanks for the information so far. We had Andrea on another Tauck tour, and we're hoping he's the guide this time as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    HI Cathy, Im going. My name is Gloria and I live in Houston. I will be on the Rome Amalfi Coast and Capri tour.

Where are you from?
  • Options
    Hi Gloria,
    We live in The Woodlands, and our tour starts Saturday, September 8th.
    I am very concerned, we booked our flights on United, but the the aircraft is Lufthansa.
    Lufthansa flight attendants have gone on strike,and we are suppose to leave Thursday afternoon. Think positive!
    Cathy
  • Options
    Hello Friends,
    I have no plan to go there.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.