Options

NEVER TRAVEL WITH TAUCK

they switch itineraries, and don't give you full details of your travel until after you make final payment.
all the hype of how great they are is misleading.
we joined the Galapagos trip (not doing Peru) and felt like outsiders the whole time.
we did two back to back safaris in Africa and Tanzania last year, and enjoyed the sights as well as the accommodations, but the Galapagos was totally a major disappointment.
after contacting Tauck's main office they said "so sorry"
well after spending all this money...be advised....
NEVER TRAVEL WITH TAUCK

Comments

• Options
    I usually only respond if I can answer a question, however I could not let this go without a comment. Midge, I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your tour and am not sure why the itinerary was changed. It is possible that something occurred at the location that warranted the change. I have completed 18 tours and am booked on my nineteenth, and have always read the itineraries in detail on the website. Yes, there are sometimes changes that are not listed, but these are usually the little extras that are thrown in as surprises. Also, even when I was traveling alone, I NEVER FELT AS IF I WAS AN OUTSIDER! I was always included with others. Sometimes there are groups that isolate themselves, but basically those have been rare and the majority of the guests have included me. If you choose not to travel with Tauck, then that is your prerogative. As for me, I have at least five to six tours that I want to do and am looking for more. Tauck is my first choice when it comes to booking a tour.
  • Options
    There's not much I can add to Kathy's post, except my personal insights.

Like Kathy, I travel alone. By choice. I choose to book directly with Tauck and there's not much I don't know before I a) pay a deposit, b) pay the balance and c) arrive on site. I just completed my 15th Tauck trip last week and I start my 16th this week. Again, like Kathy, I have a Tauck bucket list. I will take the liberty of assuming that you are from the United States simply because by far the majority of Tauck clients are. I'm not. I have different expectations, in travel and in life in general. I am a foreigner. I am an Australian. I am an outsider. I am also a discerning, worldwide traveller, with a lifetime of travel experience. I have even been to the Galapagos with Tauck.

Grant you, individual personalities do come into play. Yours. Mine. Other travellers. I suck it all up because it's the journey, the destination that's important, not the other paying guests. Everyone has their own agendas. If you make real friendships along the journey, surely that's one of life's true gifts. That's not down to Tauck.

Travelling does present particular issues. Stuff happens. Mother Nature does her thing. I don't think she reads travel brochures. Travelling solo presents particular issues. Most American couples tell me I'm brave to travel on my own. I disagree. I do my research beforehand and choose my destinations carefully. And Tauck have spoiled me rotten. For value, professionalism and travel skill. My name is Jan and I'm a Tauckaholic.

Just in case you think I'm dim-witted, naive, immature, rich beyond your wildest dreams or so old I can't remember my own name, I can assure you I'm not. I do travel without Tauck. And I can find my way home again, too. Unaided. (Besides, when I started travelling with Tauck, I didn't fit their demographic ... whatever that is!) But if the destination is covered by Tauck I guarantee you that no one else does it better. I've checked. Often. And recently.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    I've been on four Tauck trips, and only once has the itinerary changed after I paid in full. In that case, there was one sight we could not see (Holyrood House in Edinburgh) because Prince Charles decided to visit and they closed it - it was completely outside Tauck's control. And Tauck was very good about informing me of the change, and they substituted another sight that I enjoyed.

I also travel alone on the tours. There occasionally a few people who choose to remain separate from the group, but overall everyone has been very welcoming, including making sure I have someone to eat meals with if I choose so.

I'm sorry you were disapointed in this trip, but I don't think you can extrapolate this one experience to the rest of Tauck's tours or the rest of the people who choose to travel with them.
  • Options
    Hello Midge,

I also commented on your other post as well.

We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, the Tauck home office is aware and will be communicating with you personally. We are sorry that you have not been satisfied with our attempts to address your concerns to date, but please know that we are taking the time to review all details pertaining to this matter, we will be in touch shortly after a thorough review process is completed.

Thanks again for your patience,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.