Options

National Parks in Southwest & Yellowstone/Tetons in June

Has anyone ever been on the Southwest National Parks - Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon Tauck Tour in June or Yellowstone/Tetons in June? I am contemplating doing these two back to back next year and want to avoid extreme cold/heat, if possible. I know Mother Nature will always do her thing, but I can at least attempt to make plans.

Comments

• Options
    I've replied in more detail to your other post, but I'd say that September would give you a good bridging season, plus wonderful autumn colours. That was a bonus I hadn't counted on!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    OK. Thanks for your input. I appreciate your suggestions.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I have only been there mid-April and it was quite a vast array of weather. Started in low-elevation Arizona which as in the high 80's - then on to the Grand Canyon where it was 70's, but even snowed the next day! Then down elevation and it warmed up again - Back up to Bryce and more snow around 40 - 50 degrees. By the time we got to Monument Valley and Las Vegas, it was warm again. So my answer is be prepared for lots of weather changes depending on when you go. Elevation is the big factor here.

Hope this helps.
    kaerae wrote:
    Has anyone ever been on the Southwest National Parks - Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon Tauck Tour in June or Yellowstone/Tetons in June? I am contemplating doing these two back to back next year and want to avoid extreme cold/heat, if possible. I know Mother Nature will always do her thing, but I can at least attempt to make plans.
This discussion has been closed.