Options

Excursions and Impressions from Savoring France April 13th trip

Everyone has different experiences, impressions and opinions...even on the same trip...it's often in the eye of the beholder. e.g. We really enjoyed the Chateau d'Uzes evening...it was a gorgeous night, the Duke was in residence and invited everyone upstairs in the chateau to take photos with him, enjoy his trains. Our dinner was delightful and we left having had a great evening. The Camargue is such a highlight for this trip...wonderful setting, loved the hosts, the demonstration of these gorgeous horses...it needs to be experienced...and one of the reasons we came on this river cruise. The best experience was the morning at Le Cordon Bleu...that was top shelf! Absolute fun to actually make macarons under the watchful eye and instruction of the chef and to take a box of our creations back with us! Watching guys participate that probably haven't spent many hours in the kitchen and certainly not at the gourmet level...worth the trip! We did not feel the drives to a few of the excursions to be too long...again, when the sky is blue, the sun is out...all's right with the world when you are in the countryside of France...it was terrific. If you have any other questions on other excursions...I'd be happy to share other insights. Also, the staff was terrific...talk about multi-tasking, these young people were everywhere and always smiling and filling your wine glass!

We had two dinner buffets, the night we arrived and one other night. There were always three entree choices, plus a vegetarian option...also a steak, chicken or fish could be ordered any night! Breakfast buffets (which I prefer) and lunch buffets but you could order off the menu for some items. The soups are always outstanding and hot!

kfnknfzk...you told me all year that this was your favorite river cruise...I'm a believer. It did not disappoint!

Comments

• Options

Thank you for your posting

• Options

Nancy,

Thank you for your tour impressions and for your positivity, which adds so much to the enjoyment of a trip. I am so glad you loved the tour. I must confess, however, that I now have two favorite river cruises, Savoring France and the Douro...very different from one another but both glorious!

Welcome home!

• Options

And…we will be on the Douro Lisbon to Madrid in 2023. Love your recommendations!

• Options
    edited April 2022

Nancy - What date? We are on the Oct 11 departure.

• Options

August 30

• Options

Will definitely look forward to your review and suggestions. 😀

• Options

We don’t go until 2023…wish we could go sooner!

• Options

Nancy,

How did you enjoy the excursion at Les Halles de Lyon? We had two post-tour days and returned there each day!

• Options

Nancy,
    My husband and I are on the August 30th trip also.

• Options

Hey Nancy it was great to meet you I hope your leg/knee are doing better. You are a trouper continuing the tour/trip. Take care we may meet again on a trip

• Options

Nancy, Glad your cruise was a better experience for you and that the ship was Covid-free.

• Options

We had two cases...one early, one as we all left.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file