African Penguin Near Cape Town

Looking for fellow birders that might know if the African Penguin might be seen on any of the excursions on this tour. I believe there is a colony just north of Cape Town. My departure is July 25, 2013.

Best Regards, Heath

Comments

• My wife and I are planning this trip for 2014, and I would also be extremely interested in visiting a penguin colony. There appear to be at least two colonies (Boulders Beach and Dyer Island) near destinations included in this itinerary. However, the tour description does not specifically mention a colony.
  • Hi, we took the "An Elegant Adventure" in South Africa last August. Yes, Tauck takes you to Boulders Beach which is a sheltered cove between Simon's Town and Cape Point. There is a large colony of African Penguins. The tour included lunch there. A wonderful stop to see the penguins. Enjoy!

Oh, if you have time in Capetown....stop by the Acquarium which is very close to the Hotel and visit the penguins there also. There is a director who interacts with the penguins and it was most informative. A good prelude to the penguins in the wild later at Boulders.

Estelle
This discussion has been closed.