Traveling from Chicago-Amsterdam-Tanzania

Can anyone tell us if you go thru customs in Amsterdam. Our flight only gives us an hour between flights and were wondering.

Thanks

Comments

• We didn't go through customs last year.
  • we took this trip in September and spent 3 hours in Amsterdam before our trip to Mt. Kilamanjaro and we didn't go thru customs either.
  • We went through Amsterdam twice this year and neither time did we go through Customs. You simply go to your connecting gate. You will, however, be asked through a gate security check before boarding your connecting flight. That check is similar to our security checks here in the U.S.

If you are connecting from Delta to KLM, as we did both times, our connecting gate was very near our arrival gate. It took only two or three minutes to walk to the next gate....Leo M
  • Great and Thanks
  • You don't go through customs unless you leave the airport that is what I was told this year traveling through Australia from New Zealand to home USA. You do go through customs on your landing for your port of entry that happened to me going to Canada. I had to go through customs in Toranto on my way to Calgary. Same on arrival to Los Angeles when final destinations was Boston.
This discussion has been closed.