Options

Walking in the Maritimes

Just wondering how much walking is involved in the tour of the Canadian Maritimes! We're in our mid80s and would love to go on the tour if it doesn't involve long walks?!

Comments

• Options

There is walking, but not a great deal like you might encounter on a national parks tour. We did a walking tour at Lunenburg and there was some walking at Pier 21 (a museum). What I would take a careful look at is the day at the Bay of Fundy. There were steps (with handrails) to go down to the ocean floor, but that excursion ends at a different spot so you don't have to go back up the steps. Once on the ocean floor, the walking surface is a little wet. I was worried about it being slippery but I did not think it was too bad. I used a walking stick (I am in my 70's) and was glad I had it - but it probably served more as a confidence booster for me. I will say that the Bay of Fundy was one of my favorite days. At the Keltic Lodge, there is a separate building for meals, but you can take a van to and from meals if you would like. The tour has an activity rating of 2 and I believe that to be fair. We enjoyed this tour - I hope you feel like you can handle it!